Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Another NOS Buco

RossRYoung

Practically Family
Most of us may have seen the post here on TFL for the brown label Buco, stored in a cedar chest after the original owner went off to the service. I was lucky enough to snag it, and like the other threads documenting these jackets, I thought I’d start a new since this model is unknown. There are 4 domes that are missing off the shoulder epaulettes, but besides that I believe this jacket is entirely original. All zippers and snaps are in working condition and the HH is really starting to get pliable and a joy to wear.

0CD76BBB-282A-4C04-88EE-2A8A70C26E82.jpeg
6425DE4A-3CB2-4297-A8FC-9C01E26F53A2.jpeg
F004FAE0-3B29-4B5A-9227-B4D08A53E134.jpeg
12359962-CD70-451C-8189-D55CC2FEE618.jpeg
94C1F14A-F8F0-44D8-BE9D-2A31A2EF2A8F.jpeg
A02C2556-86D6-4FCB-A84B-826E349FF2A7.jpeg
8EEBB106-653D-4361-AE5F-2E3B20CF81F2.jpeg

Is this your first vintage jacket? I gotta say, if it is you knocked it out of the park on the first pitch. Beautiful all around. The lining is spectacular and the hide looks incredible. Fit is spot on too. Like I said, home run. One of my favorite designs by any vintage maker. This one is in like new condition to boot.

Edit: The domes can be bought and easily added.

RossRYoung

Practically Family
Indeed, first vintage and second leather jacket (other is a hair on hide RRL moto). Appreciate the kind words on fit! Really did luck out, and just went with gut reaction on it. I was born and raised in Detroit, so a Buco was in the search for quite some time. Don’t think I’ll ever be able to top this! I do believe I have a fellow lounger hooking it up with domes, so will post another fit pic once I have those added.

Cool. That’s how it’s done. Glad to hear the domes are settled. If not, I’ve got a bunch of different ones, just need to know what you need. And no, you won’t top it. But Sportclad or Hercules D pockets will be right there imo.

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
Most of us may have seen the post here on TFL for the brown label Buco, stored in a cedar chest after the original owner went off to the service. I was lucky enough to snag it, and like the other threads documenting these jackets, I thought I’d start a new since this model is unknown. There are 4 domes that are missing off the shoulder epaulettes, but besides that I believe this jacket is entirely original. All zippers and snaps are in working condition and the HH is really starting to get pliable and a joy to wear.

View attachment 402173 View attachment 402174 View attachment 402175 View attachment 402176 View attachment 402177 View attachment 402178 View attachment 402179
Hey Ross, as a hat and jacket guy i gotta say you put the two together with effortless style.
I’ve watched your hat world evolve with excellence. Starting with a perfect Buco, one can only wonder at where your jacketdom will go.
And then there’s boots. Lol
Epic!!
B

RossRYoung

Practically Family
Hey Ross, as a hat and jacket guy i gotta say you put the two together with effortless style.
I’ve watched your hat world evolve with excellence. Starting with a perfect Buco, one can only wonder at where your jacketdom will go.
Epic!!
B

Cheers, B! You’ve been an inspiration for style yourself my friend, and I’m definitely excited to pair this with the ol Stetson lids. Boots I haven’t gotten a huge itch for yet, though the research into engineers has already begun… yike$!

jonesy86

I'll Lock Up
Epic!!
B
+1

I should add— throw in Star Glove/early Cals, California Sportswear, Ralphs-Pugh, and the Guidemasters by Wolf. And more. And more. So many great jackets to chase down. Too many really.

tmitchell59

I'll Lock Up
I you have another opportunity for a rather rare Buco as I write this.

I have been in contact with the owner and have more detailed pics.

She is taking offers. I made an offer but was short. I had something else in line and I bought it instead.

My research showed it to be quite rare, certainly in the same league as your current purchase.

Earlyist edition of the J-21 noted by the lining. First use of D Pocket? only one back pocket. no interior belt snap. C.1946 Talon pull and stop. Epaulet pyramids are after market, all collar spots are after market and horrible!

This is probably from thier first year of MC jacket production c.1946/47. Another one to own. Great opportunity to talk. She is very good at working with you.

You started at the top, stay there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner