Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any Morrissey fans here, or even a look-a-like?

Hugh Beaumont

One of the Regulars
Just wondering if there are any Morrissey fans here. Been a fan since The Smiths, and even more when he went Rockabilly in the early 90's. (Your Arsenal is my favorite album).

He's looking very classic these days.

I know this is a stretch, but I am in need of a Morrissey look-a-like for a short film I am doing in Fairmount IN (home of James Dean and location for Morrissey's Suedehead video).

Any info, leads, etc would be greatly appreciated.

Helysoune

One of the Regulars
I can truly say I've absolutely loved every Morrissey song I've ever heard. Of course, when you've only heard one of them ("Irish Blood, English Heart"), that's not much of a feat... :)

DecoDahlia

Familiar Face
I'm also a Smiths/Morrissey fan. Shall be seeing him in Oakland this Saturday, which will be my 12th show! I actually saw your post about looking for a Morrissey lookalike in the forums section of Morrissey-Solo before I dropped into The Fedora Lounge. As for the lookalike, young/Smiths or current Moz? You might want to contact the Smiths/Morrissey convention people to find a lookalike, as they used to have a lookalike contest, so they might have some leads. Since you're a Smiths/Moz fan, you might want to check out Indie 103.1's (link below) Sunday morning show, "Breakfast with The Smiths," it's on every (day is like) Sunday morning from 9 AM to 11 AM Pacific Time, and is hosted by José Maldonado, who fronts the Smiths/Morrissey tribute band, Sweet & Tender Hooligans.

http://www.indie1031.fm/index.php?intro=1

stephen1965

One of the Regulars
I don't know about Morrissey lookalikes but I wanted to wish you luck with your project. When I was 17-18 in 1983-4 Morrissey was a style inspiration. (1950's vintage jeans mainly). Seeing them(the Smiths) live at the GLC free concert in London was a real turning point and probably changed my life (for the better, mostly).

DoctorJ

Familiar Face
Morrissey is one of my Fav's!

Since I got a hold of "Year of Refusal" a few months ago, it's just about all I listen to... that, and "Maladjusted". I'm totally hooked on that now, too.

I sure tried to look like him when I was 18, (Kind of embarrassing to think about that) but I just don't have enough hair anymore!

MattJH

One Too Many
Morrissey is pretty great.

I know that he is often covered by other artists, and they're generally not very good, but do yourself a favor and get your hands on a copy of the EP "Colin Meloy Sings Morrissey." It's the frontman / lyricist / guitarist of The Decemberists. Really great stuff, all acoustic.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider