Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anybody join me for evening coffee?

DeaconKC

One Too Many
It was a long day today and I'm just enjoying a nice cup of freshly ground coffee with cream and sugar. Broke out the Hilo Hattie cup from our Hawaii trip and it is just a nice way to end the day. What's your preference for your evening cup?

Dr Doran

My Mail is Forwarded Here
At about 6 PM, no later or it will interfere with my sleep (I go to sleep at about 10 when I can) I have a Polish coffee. You grind the ____ out of the beans until they are like flour, generally Trader Joe's coffee beans or else Peet's, then add water which has just barely come to a boil, let it sit for about 5 minutes, and then drink carefully, avoiding the bottom which is a quarter inch of silt. That keeps me focussed for after dinner work.

Lone_Ranger

Practically Family
We got our first taste of winter the last two days, even a sprinkle of snow. Brrrr. A nice Irish Coffee, may be just the thing to ward off the chill. Or coffee, and brandy?

Doran, maybe some Glüwein if you don't want to be up all night?

Absinthe_1900

One Too Many
Miss_Bella_Hell said:
Pastis. I'm almost out though. :(
Herbsaintbottlecoll.jpg

I never run out. ;)

ShoreRoadLady

Practically Family
I like my coffee adulterated with milk, sugar, and chocolate. :) Basic procedure is to fill a cup with hot coffee 1/2-3/4 full, stir in 2 TB sugar and 2 TB cocoa, stir it so it's all dissolved, and fill the rest with milk. Sort of a hot chocolate/coffee combo.

If I have whip cream on hand (rare), that goes on top. A few drops of peppermint extract makes a tasty treat for winter days.

anon`

One Too Many
I rarely have coffee in the evening. Too much effort. Lately though I have been making a second pot on weekends, in the afternoons. I typically take it black, but have taken to adding just a bit of milk to these afternoon brews. Seems to go quite well with Stumptown's Breakfast Blend.

Oddly, it goes well with football, also...

just_me

Practically Family
Lone_Ranger said:
We got our first taste of winter the last two days, even a sprinkle of snow. Brrrr. A nice Irish Coffee, may be just the thing to ward off the chill. Or coffee, and brandy?

Doran, maybe some Glüwein if you don't want to be up all night?
Speaking of Irish coffee, I tried a Nutty Irishman coffee the other day. Being in Florida, I had it iced, but I think it would be great hot.

Coffee
Baily's
Franjelico
(If you don't want to use real coffee, I bet you could substitute Kahlua) :)

Here's a website with lots of coffee drink recipes.

http://www.ineedcoffee.com/02/drinks/

CigarMan

One of the Regulars
Seattles Best Autumn Reserve, while it lasts . . .Sleighbell is good too, just enought cream to give it a dark brown color with two lumps of sugar and a fine cigar.

Dexter'sDame

One of the Regulars
With Jeeves, or Without?

My preference is feshly ground, strongly brewed PJ's Viennese Blend with 1 lump and a generous amount of either milk or half and half, or the above minus the sugar plus a spoonful of Ghirardelli Ground Chocolate added to the cup. However...since Jeeves hasn't made an appearance lately, in the evening it's often a blend of General Foods International Viennese chocolate, French Vanilla Nut, and Cafe Francais. (But I do use a china cup and saucer and a silver spoon to make it an enjoyable experience.)

Brinybay

Practically Family
ShoreRoadLady said:
I like my coffee adulterated with milk, sugar, and chocolate. :) Basic procedure is to fill a cup with hot coffee 1/2-3/4 full, stir in 2 TB sugar and 2 TB cocoa, stir it so it's all dissolved, and fill the rest with milk. Sort of a hot chocolate/coffee combo.

If I have whip cream on hand (rare), that goes on top. A few drops of peppermint extract makes a tasty treat for winter days.

You'd like it up here, there's a Starbucks on every corner that serves that exact drink. It's also my favorite.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Friele Frokost Kaffe, anytime of the day or night. Not much chance of getting it here though :(

Lily Powers

Practically Family
just_me said:
Speaking of Irish coffee, I tried a Nutty Irishman coffee the other day. Being in Florida, I had it iced, but I think it would be great hot.

Coffee
Baily's
Franjelico
(If you don't want to use real coffee, I bet you could substitute Kahlua) :)

Here's a website with lots of coffee drink recipes.

http://www.ineedcoffee.com/02/drinks/

I've had that drink hot and it's decadently dreamy. It was made with Frangelico, Bailey's, Kahlua, steamed milk, a shot of coffee and cinnamon on top. It's called a "Hot Nut" here, and ordering it can generate a blush or two, but always a smile.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21