Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Anybody join me for evening coffee?

Foofoogal

Banned
cafe au lait with chicory.
throw in a few beignets and you have the best. It's true ya!
http://www.cajuncrawfishpie.com/beignets.jpg
I have to have a lot of milk with a little bit of coffee. lol

I drink coffee in morning and every day at 4:00. Is that evening enough? I love all kinds of coffee but decaf. See no point in that. The caffeine does not affect my sleep either. A few years back I did alot of research on coffee. The best is green and kept in dark barrels and roasted when needed and fresh. So Starbucks is really inferior coffee.
I did not though have a decent cup of coffee in Germany or France. Main reason I wanted to come home after 3 wks. It is like strong bitter mud over there.

CopperNY

A-List Customer
fresh ground Sumatra or Pacas Bourbon.

black.

always one in the morning. i keep a small french press at work. or i lower a paper filter into a cup filled with water just off the boil. the wet filter adheres to the lip of the cup and is easy to retrieve.

at night i like a cup after a heavy meal. any residual effects are mitigated by a nightcap of Bulleit Bourbon or Ron Zacapa 23 year (solera) rum.

for a quicky i'll mix equal parts of Medaglia D'Oro Instant Espresso and Xocolatl (dark cocoa powder with cinnamon, vanilla and chili peppers). sounds weird, but the heat of the chilis really opens up the tastebuds to the coffee/chocolate.

Odalisque

A-List Customer
Foofoogal said:
A few years back I did alot of research on coffee. The best is green and kept in dark barrels and roasted when needed and fresh. So Starbucks is really inferior coffee.
I did not though have a decent cup of coffee in Germany or France. Main reason I wanted to come home after 3 wks. It is like strong bitter mud over there.

Of course, fresh is best! lol
And while I agree that Starbucks isn't the be-all end-all of coffee, most coffee houses don't roast on site. Hot air roasters are pretty expensive.
I noticed the difference in consistency when I traveled, too.
In Italy and Spain, they stick to mainly espresso for general drinking. They only add water if someone requests "Americano". I guess it's like that through-out Europe.

CigarMan

One of the Regulars
Here at the day job, they have a very good Columbia Supremo. Apparently the vendor uses Sara Lee coffee. Nice, bold and flavorful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points