Anybody join me for evening coffee?

Discussion in 'The Connoisseur' started by DeaconKC, Nov 19, 2008.

1. Foofoogal

Foofoogal Banned

throw in a few beignets and you have the best. It's true ya!
    http://www.cajuncrawfishpie.com/beignets.jpg
    I have to have a lot of milk with a little bit of coffee. lol

I drink coffee in morning and every day at 4:00. Is that evening enough? I love all kinds of coffee but decaf. See no point in that. The caffeine does not affect my sleep either. A few years back I did alot of research on coffee. The best is green and kept in dark barrels and roasted when needed and fresh. So Starbucks is really inferior coffee.
    I did not though have a decent cup of coffee in Germany or France. Main reason I wanted to come home after 3 wks. It is like strong bitter mud over there.

2. CopperNY

CopperNY A-List Customer

fresh ground Sumatra or Pacas Bourbon.

black.

always one in the morning. i keep a small french press at work. or i lower a paper filter into a cup filled with water just off the boil. the wet filter adheres to the lip of the cup and is easy to retrieve.

at night i like a cup after a heavy meal. any residual effects are mitigated by a nightcap of Bulleit Bourbon or Ron Zacapa 23 year (solera) rum.

for a quicky i'll mix equal parts of Medaglia D'Oro Instant Espresso and Xocolatl (dark cocoa powder with cinnamon, vanilla and chili peppers). sounds weird, but the heat of the chilis really opens up the tastebuds to the coffee/chocolate.

3. Odalisque

Odalisque A-List Customer

Of course, fresh is best! lol
    And while I agree that Starbucks isn't the be-all end-all of coffee, most coffee houses don't roast on site. Hot air roasters are pretty expensive.
    I noticed the difference in consistency when I traveled, too.
    In Italy and Spain, they stick to mainly espresso for general drinking. They only add water if someone requests "Americano". I guess it's like that through-out Europe.

4. DeaconKC

DeaconKC One Too Many

My lovely wife brought home some very good Kroger's Hazelnut for me! She's a sweetie.

5. spiridon

spiridon A-List Customer

This morning I'm enjoying some fresh pressed Turquino. Ahhhhhhhhh, at this moment life is good!:)

6. CigarMan

CigarMan One of the Regulars

Here at the day job, they have a very good Columbia Supremo. Apparently the vendor uses Sara Lee coffee. Nice, bold and flavorful.

7. Ethan Bentley

Ethan Bentley One Too Many

Pastis with your coffee? Interesting, how did you discover that?

For me, in the evening, as ever I like it black, no sugar.