Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett is out of touch....

carter

I'll Lock Up
Ergo the wings

Lady Day said:
How is she gonna use that chainsaw in those shoes? :eusa_doh:
LD

That's a hover saw.

I hope this following storm doesn't create even more havoc.

Keeping Art and Janine and her mom in our prayers. Glad to read they're OK so far.

pgoat

One Too Many
We saw that storm moving in on the Weather Channel - looked pretty scary!

It's a shame about all those trees, but glad no one was hurt. Speedy recovery, Art!

sphughes

Familiar Face
Mr. Lucky said:
Sending help as well, Art. Hope you don't mind.

chainsaw3.jpg

Best wishes to you and your family Art. On the upside, you are set with firewood for quite a while.

I have to say when I bought my chainsaw, this was NOT one of the options. Too bad.......

-Scott

mingoslim

Practically Family
I don't know about this, Mr. Lucky . . .

Mr. Lucky said:
Sending help as well, Art. Hope you don't mind.

chainsaw3.jpg

Art might appreciate it . . . but I think Mrs. Art might have a thing or two to say . . .

Meanwhile, I hope all is well, and that the clean up goes fine . . .

Mingo Slim

S

Samsa

Are you sure that it wasn't an army of angry beavers that downed all those trees as an act of revenge?:D

Seriously though, here's hoping for a speedy cleanup!

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
I'M BACK!!! well, sortof...

Mr. Lucky...send'er up..I can use all the help I can get..although..not sure my heart can take that much excersise..:D

First, Thank you Sharptoys for posting this thread. I'm not sure it was totally appropriate to put it here but this was the only way I could get the word out to my clients with questions that I had no way to answer.

For the report..wow, dear mother nature packs a punch!! On Thursday night we were hit with category three hurricane winds along with the concurrent rain that made for an interesting night and early morning. I awoke around 5am to noises I hadn't expected ( think a railroad train running through your house..very close) and crashing of things all around us. Turns out they were many of the trees both near and far from our home and fully expecting to see one "up close & personal" at any second. Also, in the driveway was the trailer full of hay I bought on Thurs afternoon and had tarped for the rain..well, it HAD a tarp when the wind started anyway. SO, I went out ( nobody ever accused me of intelligence) and worked in the dark trying to save the hay . What I ended up with was an 18x25' kite!! Finally got it covered and re-roped down with my wife's help and when daylight came we could see nature had done. Had to sit down to take it all in...

Across my driveway was about a 60' pine that had crashed on the main service box for the electrical to my property, but the good news was that it has missed the home by a few feet. In looking around, we had branches, needles, tree trash approx 4" thick everywhere I could see. When looking up the pasture to the cattle I could see trees down everywhere, especially around the area that the cattle "hang out". I finally was able to get to them after cutting two more fully grown trees out of the road to find everything OK with them, just hungry and a bit confused appearing. Fencing was down with 5 trees laying over it ...OK..you get the picture. That was JUST the center containment fence, not the property line fences. What I can see just on our lower 55 acres will take a few years to clean. I cannot even reach the upper ranges as there are 60'-100' trees stacked up like "pick up sticks" across the access road. To add to the fun, the storm started dumping snow on Friday afternoon and has only let up in the last few hours. We had 10" of fresh powder just last night.
OK,,,enough whining.

I want to Thank everyone who posted to this thread. Your sentiments are very much appreciated and taken to heart. The next week or so will be pretty tough for me to focus on hats as I have SO much to do just to make life workable here but will get started asap.

Ain't nature amazing?

Mr. Lucky

One Too Many
Well, Art, since you're concerned about your health, here's a good piece of advice:
chainsaw.jpg

Glad to hear you're well and endowed with fire wood for generations to come!

Delthayre

One of the Regulars
What can wait and what cannot

I'm quite happy that you and your wife came through all of that in better condition than those unfortunate trees. It is bad enough when ill events afflict anyone and worse when they come upon so amiable and worthy a fellow as you. The results of such a grand natural assault upon your land much must be constantly wearying for you to contend with.

I really cannot fathom the extent of the destruction that you have described, so any sentiments cannot be adequate to the situation, but I wish you the best in recovering from this that I am able to.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Thanks Gents...anyone need any firewood?? I may have to change occupations soon :rolleyes:

On the lighter side I just finished walking my fence line for the first time at the request of my insurance company...results...44 trees laying on the fence ranging from 7" in width to 40" in width with the biggest being in the least accessible areas..of course.

Thanks for the advise Mr. Lucky..could you have it personally delivered by the model you pictured? I may need further instruction..:p

EricH

One of the Regulars
Got any good hardwood in that pile? Perhaps its time to expand the product line to include hat racks? Don't overdue it cleaning up.

Eric

By the way can we expect the missus' to put together one of her famous bonfire brunches next summer?

MrFusion

One of the Regulars
You and the wife are ok - check
The house is ok - check
Cattle are ok - check

It could have been a lot worse and we are all glad that it wasn't. Good to hear from you again. Wish I could lend a hand with some of the cleanup. (I know - talk is cheap but I am on the opposite side of the country! :) )

tandmark

One of the Regulars
Howdy,

It's great to read a couple of (amazingly cheerful, under the circumstances) posts from you yourself.

Storms like that one blow through the Northwest every few years. If it's not a volcanic explosion or a major earthquake. I guess folks like us stay here because, all in all, it's worth it.

Yep, it really is. :)

MrFusion said:
You and the wife are ok - check
The house is ok - check
Cattle are ok - check

I can go with that. But you've omitted a key item for your checklist, MrFusion -- welcome to the Fedora Lounge, by the way. And what's missing is this:

Workshop not breached by a falling tree, destroying all of Art's stocks of felt & grosgrain ribbon - check and double check!

Cheers,
Mark

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy