Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Art Fawcett VS Hall of Fame

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
I sized myself 7 times with the conformer before I finally convinced myself to stop redoing it, asked Art if I was doing it right, along with the FL'ers; and I changed the circuference measurement on Art literally 5 times. In the end, after months of worrying that I messed up the $300 measurement, I received the hat and it fits like a dream. It's the most unique feeling to wear a hat that is perfectly snug, but exerts no pressure points on your head. It's just kind of there, and especially with the lightweight felt, you nearly forget it's on your head. So yes, there should be thinking involved with the measurements, and worrying, but not too much.

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Musashi said:
Also I'm sure the felt looks great inside as you say, i just have always loved every one of those pictures of the luxurious liner and i gotta gotta have one. :) :) ...

What color liner? And I bet an eggplant liner would look just amazing on a Black Cherry, Oxblood, or Sunset hat. Just throwin' that out there. ;) :D :D

Musashi

One of the Regulars
fluteplayer07 said:
Getting a Work of Art on time is totally worth canceling a vacation. :D

I'll be sure to tell the wife that one. ;)

Oh, and I think Art said he was going with a black liner, but whatever he does will be great I'm sure. I'm thinking red or purple for a black cherry hat.. Gangsterish.. But hidden. We shall see what Art has to say though. I'm concerned he may get bored with all the requests for public enemies hats once black cherry comes in...

Musashi

One of the Regulars
Box from Art sitting in home local post office... Vacation still lasts 4 more days...

I'm ready to cancel it and go get my hat!!!

:rolleyes:

Photodrum

New in Town
Powder blue

Stoney
Art sent me a powder blue one 2 weeks ago (June 1 (+/-), 2010) that is almost if not EXACTLY identical to yours. Put your hat next to mine and the only way to differentiate the two would be by the bash: mine is a diamond with dents of only a very light touch. I may steam in a more pronounced pinch. I like your, eh my, hat!

Photodrum

DRB

One Too Many
Musashi said:
Box from Art sitting in home local post office... Vacation still lasts 4 more days...

I'm ready to cancel it and go get my hat!!!

:rolleyes:

I feel your pain.:eusa_doh:

KK

New in Town
Musashi said:
Box from Art sitting in home local post office...

Hey Bull Islander, I'm right down the road from you in Tabb.

(I always knew a 21st Century kensei would wear a hat.)

DRB

One Too Many
It's here!

My first Art Fawcett custom hat arrived today. I asked Art to make me a hat that was rugged, masculine, and not too flashy. It is my new everyday wear hat. Here are the stats:

Style: Tucker
Block: Borsalino (short with taper)
Brim: Dimensional brim. 2 5/8in. front and back. 2 3/8 in. on sides. raw edge.
Less curl in the rear of the brim. Snap front.
Color: Whiskey.
Crease: by Art.

VSWhiskeyownedbyDRBJune1920101509.jpg

VSWhiskeyownedbyDRBJune1920101513.jpg

VSWhiskeyownedbyDRBJune1920101508.jpg

VSWhiskeyownedbyDRBJune1920101510.jpg

VSWhiskeyownedbyDRBJune1920101511.jpg

VSWhiskeyownedbyDRBJune1920101512.jpg

VSWhiskeyownedbyDRBJune1920101514.jpg

VSWhiskeyownedbyDRBJune1920101515.jpg

VSWhiskeyownedbyDRBJune1920101516.jpg

My second hat is on the block. It will be a dressier, more formal, hat in the granite color.

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
Looks great! A bit out of Art's norm (tapered), but he still nailed it. Looks great on you, too. That block is especially friendly to your facial dimensions.

DRB

One Too Many
The hat came to me already creased. I put the hat back into open crown and measured it to be 5 1/2 inches. Forgive me Art, I put it back the way you had it. I like it.

I believe you are correct. My face is somewhat thin so that is why I have always been attracted to Borsalinos. Interesting that you picked up on that.

Nice that Art is so versatile that he can step away from his normal vintage style and put out a more modern Borsalino style (short with taper). I guess he is a man of many hats.;)

Something else that I like about Art's hat is that when I put it on, it goes on my head only one way - the right way. I don't have to worry about it being crooked on my head. My Optimo has to be checked in the mirror for correct lay, this one does not. I believe this is a function of the conformer that Art uses. Optimo does not use a conformer. Optimo still makes a nice hat though.

DRB

One Too Many
danofarlington,

It is a dimensional brim, 2 5/8 front and back, 2 3/8 sides. Raw edge. I like having the extra brim in the front because it helps shade the sun.

The granite that is on the block is 2 1/4 inch all around with an underwelt. For dress, I think I look better in a small brim, but not stingy.

Musashi

One of the Regulars
Finally got to pick up my first VS today at the post office.

its AWESOME!

Really slick. It's my favorite hat of course now.. Lite Mojave with a Bronze ribbon. Red Liner. I've got to set up my photo booth to snap a few pics of it. And i think i may need to figure out what the best color shirt/coat to go with Mojave is (any ideas?) I picked it because i had 3 grey hats and loved the light light tan..not because it fit my current wardrobe. :)

Pics coming soon.
Actually let me add in a pic. crappy quality pic but will do for now:
36398_894604468373_6233860_48137984_5798923_n.jpg

Thanks Art for the great work! I can't wait to do it again when the Black Cherry comes in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner