Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jeo

One Too Many
Anyone has ever treated a jacket with neatsfoot oil? I'm considering using some on my Badalassi Napa Lux to reduce the squeaking

Best use for neatsfoot oil is softening leather. I used Obenauf's 100% neatsfoot oil on my natural calfskin Temple of Jawnz VTG. It started white and super stiff and the oil did an incredible job softening and it also darkened it a bit. It's what many people use to break in new baseball gloves. Not sure if it will reduce squeakiness.

jeo

One Too Many
Wow what a jacket! A grail for sure and the fit is spot on. Vintage leather just looks so much better in my opinion. Thanks for taking the time.

Thanks! Yeah it's tough to beat the look of vintage leather. This one is steerhide and is one of the nicest I have. I'll def take fit pics of the other two, it's just hot out so I have to do it indoors and lighting is always an issue.

@jeo that’s an incredible jacket and fit!

Thanks! Don't you have this jacket but with a snap closure in the middle of the chest pocket or is your RP different?

Perfection.

Thanks man!

Al 916

One Too Many
I am on the hunt for a nice 50/60 red buffalo plaid shirt. Any particular brand recommendations? I had a Melton,king kole and Woolrich. Not a big fan of Pendleton.
I have been a bit of a Wrangler guy shirt wise. You can pick them up very cheap and they are built to last.
I generally go for the single colour heavy cotton / denim stud closure type, however they do do the buffalo check.

Thanks! Yeah it's tough to beat the look of vintage leather. This one is steerhide and is one of the nicest I have. I'll def take fit pics of the other two, it's just hot out so I have to do it indoors and lighting is always an issue.

Thanks! Don't you have this jacket but with a snap closure in the middle of the chest pocket or is your RP different?

Thanks man!
Mine is slightly different. Chest pocket and a stitched D-pocket set-up. I’m constantly on the hunt for a replacement as mine is unwearable in its current state.

Reactions: jeo

jeo

One Too Many
Mine is slightly different. Chest pocket and a stitched D-pocket set-up. I’m constantly on the hunt for a replacement as mine is unwearable in its current state.

Got it. I knew about your d pocket RP, I just thought you had another that was like mine. If I ever come across your jacket that's in good condition in a 38-40 I'll shoot it your way.

jeo

One Too Many
great jacket, don't sweat the sleeves they look fine to me.

Thanks man. The sleeves on this RP are perfect. It's the sleeves on my vintage Levi's that are a little long. I definitely don't sweat these kind of things when it comes to vintage jackets. I have some that are two, three sizes too big or too a small haha!

AHP91

Practically Family
Shot in the dark.. jacket ID anyone? I've seen similar hardware to other jackets from the 1950s. Thanks

CR1.jpg
CR6.jpg
cr5.jpg

Poltung

New in Town
I have seen German bullhide mc jackets from way back that were as hefty, but it wasn't the norm for halfbelts and the likes. As Aero will doubtless tell you themselves, the "heaviest leather possible" desire is really a modern workwear trend - just like the vogue for super-heavy denim.
It is definitely what I am guilty of hahaha! I am a rather young guy looking for hard wearing stuff that will last me till death since I despise fast fashion, so I guess this "the heavier the better" trend is the most common pitfall. Also I want to see how it evolves and ages, like my cordovan shoes and my heavy duty boots.

Last edited:

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
there is connection between the old time where the majority of people are not fat so the mass produced jacket pattern were ideal or nicer compared to today's pattern to accommodate fat people or people who train themselves into inhuman body proportion so jacket makers who produce template pattern for mass produced jacket have to update their pattern to fit baggier everywhere , unless they export it for specific market like japan where almost everyone have normal body weight/ mass.

TartuWolf

Practically Family
Got a new jacket potentially coming in, but I'm a bit concerned about the leather on a few of the panels.
What's your opinion on these? Thinner leather? Loose grain? Simply more grainy?
Visually does not very desirable to me compared to the rest of the jacket, but how would it be structurally / long term perspective?
1686650658652.png

1686650572697.png

1686650607823.png

I think side panels and under the arms are a good place to hide these parts- the upper arm wasn’t a great call on the cutter’s part. Should be structurally sound though.

AHP91

Practically Family
Apologies in advance if I'm too dumb to realize what is the issue here.. the fastener in the center of this belt buckle doesn't seem to have any movement. So essentially I cannot secure the belt through without really scraping the fastener across the leather. Anyone provide some direction?
b1.jpg

jeo

One Too Many
That’s how all of my old perfectos are as well. Just pull it back. You should be able to pull it back enough to get the belt through without scraping or damaging the leather and unless the leather is dry it won’t rip when you pull it back, it’ll just stretch.

Last edited:

Observe

One Too Many
Small hole in the sleeve of my jacket. Should I get this repaired or leave it as is? Might be hard to determine what to do based on these pictures. 20230614_074904.jpg 20230614_074920.jpg

Poltung

New in Town
Hello Loungers,

I come again with a question:
Can anyone here identify this jacket? This seems to be an old discontinued Aero Jacket, possibly in 4oz black CXSH? Could this be a fake Aero?
The model seems to be some kind of hybrid between the Highwayman with 1950s flight jacket style pockets, maybe a prototype?
@Hide'n'seek maybe you know something about this? Thanks!
Only info I found on the Transatlantic label is here:
https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/transatlantic-clothing-group-highwayman.78984/page-2

Attachments

• m88599736185_4.jpg
    m88599736185_4.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 44
  • m88599736185_3.jpg
    m88599736185_3.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 46
  • m88599736185_8.jpg
    m88599736185_8.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 47
  • m88599736185_1.jpg
    m88599736185_1.jpg