Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Autumnal Thoughts........

Mugwump

One of the Regulars
lol jamespowers!

Thank you foofoogal - I eat one, occasionally 2 bananas a day, as well as including other potassium rich stuff in my diet. It's more a sunlight / barometric pressure thing - that, and I'm a high-stress (I prefer the term "high-octane") kinda gal! lol Don't even get me started on flourescent lighting - :eek: lol
I also forgot another fall type thing I like - root veggies! Yum! Oooh, and figs, extra yum...getting hungry now!:p

Foofoogal

Banned
You are welcome. I love figs.

I love Fall and so looking forward to it again this year since moving to Arkansas.
Forever I have only wanted to go to one place and that is the New England states in the Fall.

Sitting in an airport this weekend I found a magazine that stated top 4 places to see Fall leaves.

Fayetteville Arkansas ranked right up there with up North. I did visit quickly to Fayetteville last year when they were colorful but not peak. I am like an excited child now waiting.

Maybe I should not post this though as it will make more tourists. lol

Ok, Fall leaves are right there in my top loves as Trains and that is saying something.

MikeBravo

One Too Many
Keep your autumn/fall

It's spring over here in the merry old land of Oz!!!

The sun is actually shining and the overcast clouds disappearing. Thank god,winter is over. It is good for dressing up and cuddling but goes on far too long

MikeBravo said:
Keep your autumn/fall

It's spring over here in the merry old land of Oz!!!

The sun is actually shining and the overcast clouds disappearing. Thank god,winter is over. It is good for dressing up and cuddling but goes on far too long

Amen! Unfortunately for me, autumn/fall is slowly creeping upon us like stink on poo poo. It is getting darker earlier and cold. :eusa_doh:

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It's 75 degrees and as humid as pea soup here today. It's just awful. We had to sleep with the air conditioner on last night.
Only 5 days til November. Autumn, where are you????

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
Maybe its too early to think about autumn. Prisoners tell me they live one day at a time and they try not to think about getting out...thinking too much about freedom would drive them crazy. With the temperature predicted to near the triple digit mark again today, and with no relief in the foreseeable future, maybe I'd best just keep living one hot summer day at a time.

AF

rue

Reading through this whole thread I noticed something......

2005:

You snow bunnies are kidding right?
You want cold and dreary days with leafless trees? Nights so cold you can't take a walk? Mornings so cold you can't start the car? Plants that look like they are dead?
Now way. Not me. I want to be able to wear my spectators, Palm Beach suit, bucks, light weight felts, straw hats. I want to be able to take long walks without freezing to death. I want to admire the flowers of spring and summer. Tend my garden. Harvest the fruits of my labor and just plain sit on the deck with my pipe, an old fashioned and a good book until the sun goes down and then just stop reading.
I want to ride in my classic cars with the windows down and the breeze blowing through my hair. I want to walk barefoot on the sidewalk after the sun goes down and feel the warmth on my bare feet. Lay on the cool lawn and stare up at the sky---smelling the night blooming Jasmine or blooming Privet trees.
No way give me the summer and spring. I am not going anywhere where the weather is worse than California. No way. If I wanted to suffer I would move to Alaska or the North Pole. This place is my vacation spot I don't have to go anywhere. People come to me.
I feel sorry for those with season changes. It is snowing like crazy on Christmas and I have beautiful 65 degree weather. There is a hurricane or flood and I have 65 degree weather. Black ice forms on the roads and I have 65 degree weather. I absolutely HATE snow. Give me the sun anyday. I am here to stay. :cheers1:

Regards to all,

J

2008:

Not me. It hasn't got hot enough here yet and I am not looking forward to it getting cold anytime soon. It is perfect as it is now as far as I am concerned. Good gardening with vegetable ripening daily. Staying out of the house until 10pm. Enjoying the evenings without freezing to death. Lazing around on my chaise lounge under a blooming orange tree. There is just no better time of year. Autumn can stay six months away before I even think about it. :D

2009:
You too eh? I love hot weather. Nothing takes away the aches and pains that cold weather brings other than warm weather. I love painting my pergola in this weather--too bad it was let go for about forty years so my job is that much harder. :eusa_doh: [huh] :p

2010:

Great. Like we have had anything other than cold so far anyway here.
I am beginning to believe old Mark Twain: "the coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco." :rolleyes: :eusa_doh:
Send me the hot here. I'll take it with a :D

Some things never change :rolleyes: You're a broken record James :p

rue

It's only August, but..........

Seriously though, thank you for bringing this thread back...... I love Fall and Winter :D

My street in the Fall:
IMG_7452.jpg

Last edited:

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Seriously though, thank you for bringing this thread back...... I love Fall and Winter :D

You're very welcome :D. Thinking about the Autumn (and Winter) months is one of the only things that get me through the last brutal weeks of Summer.

kaiser

A-List Customer
We had a very early Summer here in my part of Germany, April and May where very warm and Summer like. The result of this is that the season was pulled ahead in many ways. We are now just starting to pick Apples from our Apple Tree. This normally happens in mid September, and not early August. Picking Apples is a Fall, or Autumn thing for me. Autumn is just around the corner I think.

Cricket

Practically Family
Considering we are at 101 degrees right now in Mississippi (not even considering the heat index at the moment)...yeah...I am ready for autumn. :eek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace