Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Autumnal Thoughts........

The Lonely Navigator

Practically Family
^ lol

Right now I'm hiding out in a cafe...none too thrilled to return to my apt. which now has one fan less...lol

All I can do is laugh at stuff anymore...it's just gone beyond absurd...this weather, these goofy things that happen with me...lol [huh]

Prien said:
^ lol

Right now I'm hiding out in a cafe...none too thrilled to return to my apt. which now has one fan less...lol

All I can do is laugh at stuff anymore...it's just gone beyond absurd...this weather, these goofy things that happen with me...lol [huh]

That is about all you can do is laugh. It is better than going off the deep end about stupid things that happen. They are just......well, stupid. :p

davestlouis

Practically Family
Autumn can't come soon enough for me! I bailed out of work early because it is 99 F today, humid as hell, and I'm worn out. I can look out onto the pool in my condo complex, and all I see are women in their 40s and 50s in bikinis and sporting bleach blonde hair...yuck. These ladies look OK in clothes, but in bikinis there's not enough left to the imagination...

Honey Bee

One of the Regulars
Where is my global warming???
Every morning it's 53F....afternoons? Mid 80's at best! One or two days of 100F but here in the Sacramento Valley? We are usually crying it's over 100F!! There was a fog bank over my canyon until 1:00 PM today!! I am NOT in San Francisico!!
I was organising my sewing room today and as I went in and out of the kitchen I had stopped to let the dog out through the slider...the golden hue, the coolness at 3:00 in the afternoon...it's Autumn in August!
Bring it on puh-leeze...it's my favorite time of the year :)

Honey Bee

One of the Regulars
I have newly thrifted sweaters and wool trousers that I cannot wait to wear! I did out some on this morning but was concerend it maight get a bit warm for them (it did but I still wore a light sweater all day!).
Yesterday at the thrift store sweaters were .40 each and trousers were $1!!
I am one HAPPY camper!!
Now if winter would come early, I will be happier!

Honey Bee said:
Where is my global warming???
Every morning it's 53F....afternoons? Mid 80's at best! One or two days of 100F but here in the Sacramento Valley? We are usually crying it's over 100F!! There was a fog bank over my canyon until 1:00 PM today!! I am NOT in San Francisico!!
I was organising my sewing room today and as I went in and out of the kitchen I had stopped to let the dog out through the slider...the golden hue, the coolness at 3:00 in the afternoon...it's Autumn in August!
Bring it on puh-leeze...it's my favorite time of the year :)

Join the club. It isn't supposed to be this cold in summer--even up here.:eusa_doh:

The Lonely Navigator

Practically Family
JamesPowers: That is about all you can do is laugh. It is better than going off the deep end about stupid things that happen. They are just......well, stupid.

lol That's right. :D :p It's been nice out today so far - starting to clear up...but the heck with it anyway...I'm already starting to drink my hot chocolate!:D

Cricket

Practically Family
I am so ready for the fall here. It has always been my favorite season but I have never been to anxious for summer to leave. But this year is a different story. It has been 103 degrees around here for the past few weeks. This heat wave has me so ready for winter hats, dark hues in my sweaters and trousers, pumpkin candles, hay rides, great fall recipes, hot chocolate in the evenings on the porch...pretty much anything and everything fall.

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Miss Peach said:
If I even think about pumpkins, my entire day can change to a good one.

Miss Peach, this should make your day.

Some of the Jack-Be-Little pumpkins have turned already, and the Connecticut Field pumpkins are starting to turn as well.

Pumpkins8-17-2010.jpg

Brad

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
This has been a completely miserable summer for me. So hot I've never wanted to be outside, and fed up with being cooped up inside. We're having about the third sub 90 degree day we've had all summer here today.
I guess I'm looking forward to the milder weather, but I'm really feeling gypped out of summer right now.
My one thought about pumpkins (continuing in my grumpy vein) is that the day after Halloween the streets are littered with smashed and rotting pumpkins, which mainly bothers me because I hate to see all that terrific nutrition being thrown away while lots of people in other places are starving.
Pumpkins have HUGE nutritional value, and they're just thrown away. What a society.

Foofoogal

Banned
I agree about the wastefulness of pumpkins. I will fight you for pumpkin pie. I love it.

I am so, so ready for Fall. It has been 104 and up in Arkansas.
I changed my main shop to reflect the Fall colors. One can hope. Fall is beautiful in Arkansas.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Have you ever made pumpkin pie from scratch? I mean cut up and boil the pumpkin? It's slightly cumbersome, but very easy, and fun.
Also, have you ever tried squash pie? That's what they have in New England instead of pumpkin. And I'm sure those quirky New Englanders do it just to be different, no other reason. lol
Likewise sweet potato pie. Sweet potato pie seems to be more of a soul food thing.
All good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn