Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Autumnal Thoughts........

Story

I'll Lock Up
jamespowers said:
Unless it is full of codling moth larve, diseases and other wonderful dreck that you wouldn't want in your compost pile. :eusa_doh: [huh]

Who IS your gardener, HP Lovecraft???

clubwitsend

Practically Family
autumn...

2494345937_e1df9f1001.jpg

Okay, I’ll hop in with some happy autumnal thoughts…I have to say that I’m happiest in the season when everything dies so beautifully…

-baking pumpkin pies (and apple cheddar pies!)
-mulled cider simmering on the stove
-the clean smell of rain sticking to the piles of colored leaves in the back yard
-using that apple-picking stick to twist the fruit out of the trees and into your basket
-roadside vendors selling apples, pumpkins, squash, and honey on a Sunday afternoon
-sherpa!
-owls!
-all of the Hallowe’en/haunted programming on TV during the month of October (particularly on the History Channel, TLC, PBS, TCM, Travel Channel)
-buying small gourds/mini pumpkins to sit on your desk at work
-spooky Hallowe’en hot jazz tunes
-pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin spice lattes and other seasonal drinks at coffee/teahouses, pumpkin ravioli, stuffed squash
-baking apples
-breaking out the Ouija board for an evening of mischief!
-s’mores around a fire pit on a still autumn night
-Kentucky Hallowe’en : when I lived in Cincinnati, I would go to a friend’s home back in the Kentucky woods about an hour away for an amazing pre-Hallowe’en party…we drove up a gravel driveway lined with jack o’ lanterns, parked, and made our way up the hill behind their cabin home to a path leading up to their campfire circles in the woods…grilling hot dogs over the fire, aforementioned s’mores, and bluegrass music winding into the black sky…occasional howl from an animal in the forest late at night…perfection.
-decorative acorns
-pumpkin iced cookies from Cheryl & Co ( http://www.cherylandco.com )
-orange-red nail polish
-rich lip colors
-suede
-breaking amazing boots out of the closet again!
-driving through the Hudson Valley in NY or in New Hampshire/Vermont to go leaf peeping
-fire-red maple leaves
-the Maple Leaf Rag
-maple syrup
-planning vacations/trips for the upcoming winter holidays
-textured tights/wearing stockings again
-hot chocolate with whipped cream and chocolate shavings
-pumpkin festivals/hayrides/haunted houses
-squirrels hoarding goodies
-chunky knits
-jumping into a large pile of raked leaves!

Being in NYC, you do really have nostalgia for all of the great natural elements of fall! I make sure to take an autumn drive at least one weekend in October in the Hudson Valley to keep the good autumn memories going….

clubwitsend said:
2494345937_e1df9f1001.jpg

Okay, I’ll hop in with some happy autumnal thoughts…I have to say that I’m happiest in the season when everything dies so beautifully…

-baking pumpkin pies (and apple cheddar pies!)
-mulled cider simmering on the stove
-the clean smell of rain sticking to the piles of colored leaves in the back yard
-using that apple-picking stick to twist the fruit out of the trees and into your basket
-roadside vendors selling apples, pumpkins, squash, and honey on a Sunday afternoon
-sherpa!
-owls!
-all of the Hallowe’en/haunted programming on TV during the month of October (particularly on the History Channel, TLC, PBS, TCM, Travel Channel)
-buying small gourds/mini pumpkins to sit on your desk at work
-spooky Hallowe’en hot jazz tunes
-pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin spice lattes and other seasonal drinks at coffee/teahouses, pumpkin ravioli, stuffed squash
-baking apples
-breaking out the Ouija board for an evening of mischief!
-s’mores around a fire pit on a still autumn night
-Kentucky Hallowe’en : when I lived in Cincinnati, I would go to a friend’s home back in the Kentucky woods about an hour away for an amazing pre-Hallowe’en party…we drove up a gravel driveway lined with jack o’ lanterns, parked, and made our way up the hill behind their cabin home to a path leading up to their campfire circles in the woods…grilling hot dogs over the fire, aforementioned s’mores, and bluegrass music winding into the black sky…occasional howl from an animal in the forest late at night…perfection.
-decorative acorns
-pumpkin iced cookies from Cheryl & Co ( http://www.cherylandco.com )
-orange-red nail polish
-rich lip colors
-suede
-breaking amazing boots out of the closet again!
-driving through the Hudson Valley in NY or in New Hampshire/Vermont to go leaf peeping
-fire-red maple leaves
-the Maple Leaf Rag
-maple syrup
-planning vacations/trips for the upcoming winter holidays
-textured tights/wearing stockings again
-hot chocolate with whipped cream and chocolate shavings
-pumpkin festivals/hayrides/haunted houses
-squirrels hoarding goodies
-chunky knits
-jumping into a large pile of raked leaves!

Being in NYC, you do really have nostalgia for all of the great natural elements of fall! I make sure to take an autumn drive at least one weekend in October in the Hudson Valley to keep the good autumn memories going….

Sounds like an awful lot of apple, apple, pumpkin, pumpkin, pumpkin, apple, leaves and Halloween in that list. :rolleyes: :p
I am certainly not in NYC but I still hate the Autumn death. [huh]

clubwitsend

Practically Family
jamespowers said:
Sounds like an awful lot of apple, apple, pumpkin, pumpkin, pumpkin, apple, leaves and Halloween in that list. :rolleyes: :p
I am certainly not in NYC but I still hate the Autumn death. [huh]

Hehe...yes a lot of apple apple pumpkin in there...thats why autumn is amazing! Come out to New England/East Coast sometime for the super autumnal experience!

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
clubwitsend said:
Hehe...yes a lot of apple apple pumpkin in there...thats why autumn is amazing! Come out to New England/East Coast sometime for the super autumnal experience!

Oh yes!!:)

Bought two bushels of apples in two weeks....Picked one with my 3 year old son...Golden Delicious and Macoun.

In a few days maybe a week or so.....Banana Apples-The flavor is a nice combination of sweet and tart, with a definite banana aroma and very dense & crisp texture.

Also took my boy on a hay ride at the orchard....:)

WideBrimm

A-List Customer
Autumn? What autumn? I miss autumn. Denver went straight from summer to winter this year. An awful lot of trees completely dumped their leaves (still all green) this past weekend with a very hard freeze in the upper teens F. No glorious colors this year. I can't wait for next summer ! :eek:

Wally_Hood

One Too Many
WideBrimm said:
Autumn? What autumn? I miss autumn. Denver went straight from summer to winter this year. An awful lot of trees completely dumped their leaves (still all green) this past weekend with a very hard freeze in the upper teens F. No glorious colors this year. I can't wait for next summer ! :eek:

Due to global warming?

goldendawn7

New in Town
Leather, wool, Coq Au Vin, comfortable cruising in my air-condition-less Chevelle, and the exhilarating feeling of riding a bike 15 miles in the cold of the early morning. Good riddance summer!

zombi

A-List Customer
Oh, I love autumn. Kinda skipped it this year though, at least here!

Reasons I love autumn...:
- cardigans, glorious cardigans
- grey skies
- chilly weather
- breads, soups, & other autumnal foods!
- my favourite holidays! Lughnasadh, Mabon, & Samhain <3
- Samhain/Hallowe'en is when I celebrate new year's!
- boots
- cocoa
- layers!
- snuggling weather :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails