Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Autumnal Thoughts........

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I decided to revive my own 3 year old thread--we've had some chilly nights already here in NY and I'm starting to get antsy for Fall. Hopefully in a month we'll be in full Autumn mode!
Who else is looking foward to it?

desi_de_lu_lu

Practically Family
I miss the New York Autum, and about eh...1/2 of the NY winter. (which basically is December and January.)

My husband is ready to jump off of a cliff I keep waxing on about the wonderful New York Autumns.

I really miss the Adirondacks and day drives to Vermont and warm coffee shops and rainy visits to the Met. etc.etc.

And the subway smells better.

flat-top said:
Who else is looking foward to it?

Not me. It hasn't got hot enough here yet and I am not looking forward to it getting cold anytime soon. It is perfect as it is now as far as I am concerned. Good gardening with vegetable ripening daily. Staying out of the house until 10pm. Enjoying the evenings without freezing to death. Lazing around on my chaise lounge under a blooming orange tree. There is just no better time of year. Autumn can stay six months away before I even think about it. :D

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Oh goodness. I can't WAIT for autumn. I'm not a summer gal at all and loathe hot temps. I stay inside as much as possible in the A/C.

But autumn...ah. Love the cooler breezes, the sound of leaves crunching under your feet, and Friday night football games. (Oh, and Saturday college football games!)

sixsexsix

Practically Family
Other than back to school, I am not really looking forward to it. The summer this year has been so short and rainy, and the winters are soooo long and cold that I want to hang on to this warm weather as long as possible. If only the seasons could be fall-spring-summer I would be a happy camper [huh]

Foofoogal

Banned
Fall has always been my favorite time of year. One day I will go to New England states in the Fall.
It is about 100 here in Texas and I just got my new electric bill. It was about $270.00 and no kidding when I say I am surrounded by big trees over top of my house and keep my air on 81 or 80 and no lower than 79 ever. I am very cold natured.
Bring on Fall.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Haven't had much of a summer, really. Haven't had a vacation, tho I've been to the country for a few weekends. I've been in my grossly over air conditioned office, freezing my fanny off. I haven't been to the beach or really had a chance to just get out in the sunshine and soak up rays. And fall is just around the corner. Very disappointed. This summer has been little more than an extended hot spell. OK, I did get to 2 Midsummer Nights Swing events. But not much else. Didn't get up to Chautauqua!
I love fall, but I'm not happy about its approach this year.

sixsexsix said:
Other than back to school, I am not really looking forward to it. The summer this year has been so short and rainy, and the winters are soooo long and cold that I want to hang on to this warm weather as long as possible. If only the seasons could be fall-spring-summer I would be a happy camper [huh]

If only the seasons were spring and summer. :D :p

Joie DeVive

One Too Many
jamespowers said:
But of course. The problem is that it has gotten colder here over the last twenty years. :eusa_doh: :rolleyes:
Lousy cold summer, cold winter, cold spring and likely cold autumn. Just wonderful. Florida or Hawaii are sounding good now. :rolleyes: :p

You could always try Southern California. My Brother-in-law is down in San Clemente, and it is so consistently in the 70s to 80s that he thinks our snow sounds good, the poor deluded fool. :eusa_doh: lol

And there's always Arizona....

alexandra

Practically Family
AmateisGal said:
Oh goodness. I can't WAIT for autumn. I'm not a summer gal at all and loathe hot temps. I stay inside as much as possible in the A/C.

But autumn...ah. Love the cooler breezes, the sound of leaves crunching under your feet, and Friday night football games. (Oh, and Saturday college football games!)

You sound like my kindred spirit...except the football part. We don't do much football.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
alexandra said:
You sound like my kindred spirit...except the football part. We don't do much football.

I'm not a huge football fan, but since stepson is starting high school this year, I'm afraid we'll have to do the football thing. :rolleyes:

And since we live in Nebraska, Cornhusker football is sort of like the second religion around here. Game days are pretty big here in Lincoln!

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
On the other hand . . .

For the shivering antipodeans, it will soon be spring.
Altho, actually, the souther hemisphere countries never get near as cold as the northern hemisphere ones, being generally closer to the equator. Except, I guess, for Terre del Fuego.

Copper

One of the Regulars
I've always loved the first few weeks of September, when the days are still warm but the mornings crisp.

There is nothing quite like going for a motorcycle ride early on those days and finding a quiet side road where there is still a light blanket of leaves. Watching the swirl of leaves behind me always makes me laugh...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21