Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Autumnal Thoughts........

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Fall weather, YES!!

Here in Paso Robles, CA the weather has finally cooled down to a livable temperature. Way too many weeks of 100?Ǭ? plus weather. Durring the fall, the sky seems clearer, the air fresher and I can start wearing my wool garments again. Got a little rain last night and it sounded wonderful. I work as a land surveyor, and I swear I'd rather work in the cold than the heat. In the cold I can find creative ways to stay warm. We had lived in Gardnerville, Nevada last winter and I worked doing field surveys in the snow around the carson Valley and the Lake Tahoe area. Beats the socks off of 100?Ǭ? plus in the shade and no breeze.
The fall colors are coming around and Halloween is right around the corner. Has to be my favorite time of the year. I get to wear the clothes I enjoy wearing. But that's just my two cents.

Cheers!

Dan

Vladimir Berkov

One Too Many
It was 107 here yesterday, 103 here today. It is just...wrong...I almost died when I got in my car today after it had been sitting in the sun for 8 hours.

Bebop

Practically Family
JamesPowers, I have heard people say that if you live in the Bay Area or anywhere in Ca., you are too dumb to realize you live in a bad area. I live here and somewhat like it, but I have had others say that to me. Being cheap and not wanting to pay $800,000 for the same house that costs $200,000 elsewhere are two different things. Putting up with snow and cold may be worth $600,000 to some.

Aaron Hats

Vendor
We had the first indoor fire of the season Monday night and the weatherman is talking about a chance of some flurries for Thursday night. Winter's not too far off.

airfrogusmc

Suspended
I HATE WINTER AND SNOW

" Areas with snow are for people too cheap to buy a house in a good area."

I guess thats why property in Manhattan is some of the highest in the country.

Bebop said:
JamesPowers, I have heard people say that if you live in the Bay Area or anywhere in Ca., you are too dumb to realize you live in a bad area. I live here and somewhat like it, but I have had others say that to me. Being cheap and not wanting to pay $800,000 for the same house that costs $200,000 elsewhere are two different things. Putting up with snow and cold may be worth $600,000 to some.

It really depends where in the Bay Area. There are bad areas that is for sure but the weather is good even in the bad areas. :p California as a whole would be great but the some of the people who live here screw it up---boy do they screw it up---but the sun still shines. ;)
If you think putting up with snow is worth $600,000 then good for you but it isn't worth fifty cents to me. There are areas with weather just as good as ours but the hurricane season negates any benefits of weather in most of those places in the US.

Regards to all,

J

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Sleigh bells ring, are you listening? In the lane, snow is glist'ning, a beautiful sight, we're happy tonight, walking in a Winter Wonderland... :cool2:

Take that, you warm weather people!

Ahh, cold and snow! But, I need to enjoy the Fall, first.

Brad

varga49

One of the Regulars
Vlad...perhaps you do not know where to find Utopia

Vladimir Berkov said:
I would be happy to live in a place with an extra fall, heavy winter and no summer.

All I know is such a utopia does not exist within the borders of the Lone Star State.

Vlad! I get the feeling you're not a Native Texan and perhaps you do not know where to find Utopia here. It's a small Texas Hill Country community, that was settled in the early 1850s in northeast Uvalde County. Utopia Texas is on the crystal-clear waters of the Sabinal River among rugged canyons shaded by Bald Cypress, live oak, and pecan trees, only 12 miles south of Lost Maples State Natural Area.

http://www.utopianature.com/utopiapark3.jpg

Vladimir Berkov

One Too Many
You are right, I am not a native Texan. I think the people here have somehow genetically evolved so that the heat doesn't bother them anymore. To me it is still just horrifying.

Brad Bowers said:
Sleigh bells ring, are you listening? In the lane, snow is glist'ning, a beautiful sight, we're happy tonight, walking in a Winter Wonderland... :cool2:

Take that, you warm weather people!

Ahh, cold and snow! But, I need to enjoy the Fall, first.

"Me mind on fire -- Me soul on fire -- Feeling hot hot hot
Party people -- All around me feeling hot hot hot
What to do - On a night like this
Music sweet - I can't resist
We need a party song - A fundamental jam

People in the party - hot hot hot
They come to the party know what they got
I'm hot -- You're hot -- He's hot -- She's hot
(Real hot) -- (Real hot) -- (Real hot) -- (Real hot)H
a-ha-ha -" :p ;)

Take that you snow bunnies! :p :kick:

Regards to all,

J

varga49 said:
Vlad! I get the feeling you're not a Native Texan and perhaps you do not know where to find Utopia here. It's a small Texas Hill Country community, that was settled in the early 1850s in northeast Uvalde County. Utopia Texas is on the crystal-clear waters of the Sabinal River among rugged canyons shaded by Bald Cypress, live oak, and pecan trees, only 12 miles south of Lost Maples State Natural Area.

http://www.utopianature.com/utopiapark3.jpg

Oh man! That sounds great! Now the operative question: What about hurricanes and floods in that area? What is the temperature like all year long? I think you might be pointing me to a good retirement place or even vacation spot.
By the way, a customer in Texas just told me a sort of morbid joke that is going around his area.
I understand that beef is really cheap there now. He tells me that ground beef is free. Yep, the cattle are laying all over the ground! :p :kick: His joke not mine. :rolleyes:

Regards to all,

J

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
jamespowers said:
"Me mind on fire -- Me soul on fire -- Feeling hot hot hot
Party people -- All around me feeling hot hot hot
What to do - On a night like this
Music sweet - I can't resist
We need a party song - A fundamental jam

(Real hot) -- (Real hot) -- (Real hot) -- (Real hot)H
a-ha-ha -" :p ;)

Take that you snow bunnies! :p :kick:

Regards to all,

J
J, I'm disappointed! I don't recognize the song, but it sounds distinctly modern. Couldn't you come up with a Golden Era song? :p

Brad

Prairie Shade

A-List Customer
Cold Weather - It thins out the herd

Could that be why its so crowded? Anyone remember the Will Rogers joke about the Okies who left during the dirty 30's. They got to a road junction in the Panhandle and there was a sign that said: TEXAS - Turn Left. Those who could read went to Texas and those who couldnt went to California. It raised the IQ of both states.

Brad Bowers said:
J, I'm disappointed! I don't recognize the song, but it sounds distinctly modern. Couldn't you come up with a Golden Era song? :p

That's ok. An album from 1987 might be older than some members here. :p No one can put out a hot hot hot song like Buster Poindexter and the Banshees of Blue. :p At least he was one of the best dressed singers at that time. Who could argue with a title like Cocktail hour anyway? He is on the cover in a tuxedo with a tall martini and looking debonair. Heck he even has suspenders on. Button in of course. :p
He has more brass in that band than a military uniform andf he even plays acordian. ;)

Regards to all,

J

Prairie Shade said:
Could that be why its so crowded? Anyone remember the Will Rogers joke about the Okies who left during the dirty 30's. They got to a road junction in the Panhandle and there was a sign that said: TEXAS - Turn Left. Those who could read went to Texas and those who couldnt went to California. It raised the IQ of both states.

If you were a native Californian who's family had been here way before that--1872 to be exact---you would know better. California used to be a real frontier state. It was a survive on your own and leave me alone kind of place. Then all the gimmes came out here and brought their New York and Boston ideas with them. That decreased the IQ of California and self sufficiency of the people by a thousand fold. Now you will be welcomed to the Hammer and Sickel of California. Thanks all of you lefties and illegal immigrants for overrunning the right thinking normal population. :rolleyes:

Regards to all,

J

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21