Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Autumnal Thoughts........

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Poindexter-

He wasn't so well dressed in 1973...
R.gif

That's him on the right-

B
T

D

Deleted member 259

Here on the east coasy (MD) we get all 4 seasons -torrential rain, blistering heat, strong winds, and blizzards.

Autumn is easily my favorite, with the trees changing colors (my house has a line of Sugar Maples right up the road) the cool breeze, all the smells (leaves, fireplaces, pumpkin pie!) my birthday and my favorite holiday.

Not to mention the nostalgic memories of jumping in giant piles of leaves and carving jack-o-lanterns. All things that I get to help my younger sister & cousins with now.

I couldn't understand wanting to live somewhere with only one or two real seasons - But I do dream of Carribian Islands throughout the cold winter months.
I love the snow and the holidays, but the freezing cold i could do without.

And as for the price of housing, which seems to have incorperated itself into this thread, that does't only have to do with prices or weather preferences, but also where you work, where offers the best opportunities, where you were born and where your family is.

carpecaligo said:
And as for the price of housing, which seems to have incorperated itself into this thread, that does't only have to do with prices or weather preferences, but also where you work, where offers the best opportunities, where you were born and where your family is.

Luckily, I got all five of those factors in one place right here. :p ;)

Regards to all,

J

varga49

One of the Regulars
jamespowers said:
Oh man! That sounds great! Now the operative question: What about hurricanes and floods in that area? What is the temperature like all year long? I think you might be pointing me to a good retirement place or even vacation spot.
By the way, a customer in Texas just told me a sort of morbid joke that is going around his area.
I understand that beef is really cheap there now. He tells me that ground beef is free. Yep, the cattle are laying all over the ground! :p :kick: His joke not mine. :rolleyes:

Regards to all,

J
Heh Heh Thats a good one! I'll have to tell that to my friend with whom I sometimes help work cattle!...Beef prices haven't come down here though! Hopefully the heat wave, 5 days at 100+ will be over soon! As hot as it is here...there's always a river or stream nearby to jump in! I'll have to give Vlad a map to find out how to get to one!

Nick Charles

Practically Family
This is Fall

This is fall in the place of my birth, the glorious mountains of Upstate NY (thats farther than Albany)
photoc.jpg

main st
main.jpg

and one of the scenic railway,

train5.jpg

Looks lovely now , but wait a month or two and you'll have snow to your eyeballs.

Johnnysan

One Too Many
Perfect for eveyone...

Charming, delightful Springfield, Illinois. All four seasons...hot, humid summers; wet, grey springs; the most beautiful fall sunsets from all the field dust in the air and winters that make you think of Siberia!

Seriously though...fall is my favorite time of year. That first brisk morning of the season always makes me feel like a youngster. If I could only do something about all those leaves!! :)

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Aw, Nick, that's beautiful! Makes me more sad I didn't get that job in Upstate NY. Which scenic railway is that?

Hey, PM me and tell me about life up there. I sure would like to try living there.

Thanks,

Brad

Prairie Shade

A-List Customer
Nick -- Those are great shots - your a little ahead of us here in Midwest. The streets look strangely empty, apparently most everyone has departed for California and "relief". I visited New England several years ago and was impressed by two things; 1. How beatiful it was in the Fall and 2. How crowded it was, how can anyone drive 55mph on those narrow twisting roads. Thanks for the pics - How about some in two months??? You know, just for comparison!!!

varga49

One of the Regulars
That's really pretty!..we have a nice country here! Eventhough we complain of the heat or rains or snow to your eyeballs...it's a beautiful continent! abundant with scenic gems!..places like the ones Nick showed that best represent each season. Today the high was 79 as opposed to 105....how do you spell relief??
today I spell it F-a-l-l-A-t-L-a-s-t!!

Biltmore Bob

Suspended
Varga, as you well know...

Summer ain't over in South Texas 'till the fat man comes down the chimney. I know y'all're in the Hill Country where it might cool off earlier, but...well y'all know what I mean.

varga49

One of the Regulars
True Enough Bob!

Biltmore Bob said:
Summer ain't over in South Texas 'till the fat man comes down the chimney. I know y'all're in the Hill Country where it might cool off earlier, but...well y'all know what I mean.

We're still crankin the AC for sure! It was uncommonly pleasant today and well...I just got carried away with it..
Saturday our thermometer on the back porch read 119...in the sun of course.
I'm just waitin for those 50 degree morninigs...makes a good cup of strong coffee even better.
Hey! you get up this way much?

Biltmore Bob

Suspended
I get to Seguin and San Antonio some. Some to New Braunfels. I've never been to Fredricksburg, but my brother in law just bought some acreage and a house there. I plan on going up there within the year, but my wife does'nt get along to well with him, so I don't really know when the next time will be.

When it cools off some a nice Hill Country trip would suit me and my family real nice. We also go up to Bandera and Boerne some too.

MudInYerEye

Practically Family
Just this week we're finally getting some cooler nights in NYC. Finally we can break out the A-2s and halfbelts. With any luck we'll be able to wear them during daytime in two or three weeks.

MudInYerEye

Practically Family
Indeed I have spoken too soon. Today qualified as daytime jacket weather in the city. Gets my blood pumping, New York is always at her best in Autumn. Hoo-rah.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana