Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Autumnal Thoughts........

Rachael

A-List Customer
I live in Oregon. I stand by my assertion that having temperatures above 100 degrees for three days straight violates my residency agreement, and would like to seek restitution from the climate control board.

Is it September yet???? :rage:

Bingles

A-List Customer
Here in Western New York, we had a few nights this week where the temp dropped into the low to mid 50's. It was great! Made me think about Fall also.. by far my FAVORITE season.

I love my warmer wardrobe a lot more than summer clothes.. and I don't like heat one bit. I'm looking forward to switching to my felt fedoras also, and ditching the straw.

The stores in the area already have the Halloween cards out (my favorite holiday). Fall can't be too far away. Can't wait for the cool crisp days and nights, the changing leaves, and that smell of autumn in the air!

Story

I'll Lock Up
Weather for Kuwait
21 AUG 08
114°F | 91°F

Autumn leaves under frozen souls,
Hungry hands turing soft and old,
My hero crying as we stood out their in the cold,
Like these autumn leaves I dont have nothing to hold.

Joie DeVive said:
You could always try Southern California. My Brother-in-law is down in San Clemente, and it is so consistently in the 70s to 80s that he thinks our snow sounds good, the poor deluded fool. :eusa_doh: lol

And there's always Arizona....

Deluded is right. :eek: :eusa_doh:
Arizona is too far inland. I need water AND a decent temperature.
So far this season, all I have is water nearby. Its 64 degrees in the middle of August for goodness sake. I'll take 100 degree weather for a few weeks so I can at least have a summer. :rage:

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
We're having a nice taste of autumn today - temps are hovering in the mid 70s, it's cloudy, and there's a nice cool breeze.

Tomorrow we're supposed to hit 90 degrees again, though.:mad:

arthur

Suspended
Come mid-august I start to long for the cooler temps of Fall,Apple picking, camping,canning,the month long event of Halloween,leaves falling,tweed jackets and sweater vests,I am my most active and happiest in the months of sep.,oct,and nov.Truly my ideal temp.is 55 and cloudy.Guess I should have been English, I truly hate hot weather.

Story

I'll Lock Up
Perfect torch song

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rH7fxV6ZE3I&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rH7fxV6ZE3I&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Sachet

Familiar Face
mmmm....hmmm....

Copper said:
I've always loved the first few weeks of September, when the days are still warm but the mornings crisp.

There is nothing quite like going for a motorcycle ride early on those days and finding a quiet side road where there is still a light blanket of leaves. Watching the swirl of leaves behind me always makes me laugh...

It's finally cool enough here to enjoy hiking once again. Chilly nights, make for cool mornings and warm afternoons now that the heat of summer is gone. The leaves on the trees are *just* beginning to change...especially at the higher altitudes.

Soon I can grin when I see them falling down as I drive and playfully crunch them when I hike.

But the biggest smiles and laughter come when the snowflakes fall.....

Sachet said:
It's finally cool enough here to enjoy hiking once again. Chilly nights, make for cool mornings and warm afternoons now that the heat of summer is gone. The leaves on the trees are *just* beginning to change...especially at the higher altitudes.

Soon I can grin when I see them falling down as I drive and playfully crunch them when I hike.

But the biggest smiles and laughter come when the snowflakes fall.....

What is this snow thing? :D

Foofoogal

Banned
Today September 22 is first day of Autumn. After the Hurricane Ike I look forward to Fall coolness. Raked about a zillion leaves today from the storm and downed trees. :eusa_doh:

Carlisle Blues

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I am counting the days....................

IMG_0808.jpg

Football, Dogs, playing my guitar and keyboard............Does not get better than that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
icon14.gif

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/834fxS1T_dQ&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/834fxS1T_dQ&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Edward

Bartender
Me, I like the variety of seasons passing through as the year goes by. That said, I wish the Summer could stick at a sensible temperature, i.e. never north of 22 degrees celcius.

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
As always, I too am looking forward to Fall. Seems like we do have some fairly defined seasons here in Abq, and by the time I get tired of one, the next one comes along. Still, Fall and Winter are my favorites (and not just because I have a few new fur felt fedoras I can't wait to start wearing).

It's still fairly warm here and gets into the 80's most days. Perhaps within a few weeks that will start to change.

memphislawyer

Practically Family
I like summer, having the top down in my convertible, ditching coats, swimming, laking, beach. Sometimes it can be very humid and hot, and that is not enjoyable, but I like a good sweat working out in the yard. I also like fall and light sweaters. Im not a winter person and one day, Id love the temps in say Sarasota or Naples, FLA.

Foofoogal

Banned
It is 73 today with high this week of 85. It is a fluke to have such cool weather this time of year but after frying in Houston for years I am thrilled.
I love Fall and with kids back in school it all goes together.
I swear though in Texas as a child we had real seasons. No more I don't think.
We used to put up our Summer clothes and take out Winter. Now there practically is no Winter in Houston.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
I can't wait for autumn. We've had a very unusual summer here in Nebraska - hardly any days that hit 100. The last week it's been quite cool and no humidity. VERY strange. I've been sleeping with the window open and actually turned the A/C way, way down.

I love autumn. Best time of the year for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCRider