Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Autumnal Thoughts........

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It's mid October, but here in the North East....
[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/18vsYFF0rTE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/18vsYFF0rTE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Atticus Finch

Call Me a Cab
Here in the South, the arrival of October often causes Hoodoos to wake from our tannin-stained backwaters. Today, Jackie and I were in just the right place to photograph three ancient swamp spirits as they slowly emerged from a bayou's dark ooze.

spookyeyes007-1.jpg

Happy Halloween!!!!

AF

flat-top

Bump.........
Last night was the first cool one I've felt in months, in what has been a long HOT New York Summer. Which then of course got me thinking about Fall and that September is just 3.5 weeks away. I'm now working at a place with no dress code, and I realized that 90% of my wardrobe is cold weather wear.
It's been challenging! BRING ON THE COLD!!
On another note, this Fall will be especially bittersweet because my 5 year old girl starts Kindergarten :( :eek:

StetsonHomburg

Practically Family
flat-top said:
It's mid October, but here in the North East....
[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/18vsYFF0rTE&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/18vsYFF0rTE&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]
Dino!:D

Mr Vim

One Too Many
It has been on average, about 60 degrees in Juneau, but it would spike to about 75 degrees for a few days, and that's about all we have for a summer, I haven't yet experienced fall in Alaska, but I'm told it just rains more... I do miss fall in upstate New York, that is incredible.

Big Man

I like Fall of the year when the air has just a hint of "crisp" and a good wool shirt or a sweater feels good. I like when you can build a fire just because you want to - not because you have to just to stay warm.

I used to love Winter, cutting fire wood, walking through the snow, and all that. But, somehow it was way more fun when I was 25 or so than it is now when I'm 55. Cold weather and all the headaches of trying to keep a fire to stay warm is a pain in the ... back.

flat-top

StetsonHomburg said:
Yup, and on 10/16 of last year, he was singing "Let It Snow" here in the suburbs of NYC. It's crazy to imagine, in the middle of this oppressively HOT Summer, that we could potentially see snow in just 2 months from now!

Prien said:
Yes...I agree - Bring on the Cold!

I love it when it is so cold out that the air is nice and 'crisp' and it is refreshing when you breathe it in deeply...:rolleyes:

Great. Like we have had anything other than cold so far anyway here.
I am beginning to believe old Mark Twain: "the coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco." :rolleyes: :eusa_doh:
Send me the hot here. I'll take it with a :D

The Lonely Navigator

Practically Family
@ JamesPowers: I'd love to! For a bit, it wasn't too bad, but now it's getting all muggy again. I decided to put my large Gardenia out on my porch as I figured that the weather would be fine for quite some time for it! :)

Prien said:
@ JamesPowers: I'd love to! For a bit, it wasn't too bad, but now it's getting all muggy again. I decided to put my large Gardenia out on my porch as I figured that the weather would be fine for quite some time for it! :)

The wierd part is that I went down to the Los Angeles area over the weekend. It was between 90 and 100. I get back here and freeze again. :eusa_doh: I couldn't bring back the weather from there either. :eusa_doh:

YesterdayGirl

One of the Regulars
I love Autumn, it's the perfect season. Still warm, but the air cool enough for a jacket. Beautiful nature, and knowing winter is just around the corner. Love it. Living in the Old Smoke, I hate the heat.

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Autumn is, for me, the ultimate time of year. I feel better emotionally, love the changing colors and cooler temperatures, love the smells and tastes of the season, and the holidays.

It can't come soon enough this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails