Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Autumnal Thoughts........

Well said Wes! Australia (or Strayla as the locals say it ;) ) is full of spiders. Being a Kiwi I'm not big on the things and in truth I'm slightly arachnophobic but they haven't led to my downfall yet. Although cleaning out the garage today I killed a Redback. We get the odd huntsman spider which seriously gives me the s**ts but nothing that half a can of fly spray won't sort out!

Heteropoda_ZZ279_F2649.jpg

And in terms of "autumnal thoughts"? Thank God it's finally starting to be autumn here, we had a viciously hot summer here in south eastern Australia - bloody awful. Bring on the cold weather I say!

How hot is hot? It would probably be perfect for me. Just wait until the snow starts there.....:doh:

Formeruser012523

Call Me a Cab
Well said Wes! Australia (or Strayla as the locals say it ;) ) is full of spiders. Being a Kiwi I'm not big on the things and in truth I'm slightly arachnophobic but they haven't led to my downfall yet. Although cleaning out the garage today I killed a Redback. We get the odd huntsman spider which seriously gives me the s**ts but nothing that half a can of fly spray won't sort out!

Heteropoda_ZZ279_F2649.jpg

And in terms of "autumnal thoughts"? Thank God it's finally starting to be autumn here, we had a viciously hot summer here in south eastern Australia - bloody awful. Bring on the cold weather I say!

HOLY **** I keep expecting hobbits to run out from under it.

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ooh that one's a beaut Smithy! A few years back my in-laws were over for dinner and, as they left, a dirty big huntsman strolled through the front doorway as though they'd opened the screen door especially to let it in. It was quite funny, I was waiting for it to say, "Hi folks, I'm home!" Old Aussies call them "the bushman's friend" because they often come inside when it's about to rain, like an eight-legged rain gauge.

Ooh that one's a beaut Smithy! A few years back my in-laws were over for dinner and, as they left, a dirty big huntsman strolled through the front doorway as though they'd opened the screen door especially to let it in. It was quite funny, I was waiting for it to say, "Hi folks, I'm home!" Old Aussies call them "the bushman's friend" because they often come inside when it's about to rain, like an eight-legged rain gauge.

I can see it waltzing in like this frog:
http://youtu.be/MsROL4Kf8QY

Edward

Bartender
I have a new Aero jacket on the way to join its compatriots in my wardrobe... I'm looking forward to September when I can wear them again.

Horace Debussy Jones

A-List Customer
Reminds me,...I want to have Shaul at U.S. Authentic make me a custom version of their Barnstormer jacket. I'll have a D pocket of some sort put on it, and maybe a zipper closure instead of cumbersome buttons, as well as side hand warmer pockets. Time for some research then. :)

...I'm looking forward to September when I can wear them again.
I'm just hoping we get some autumn/winter weather here in southern California this year (what we call autumn/winter weather, anyway). While most of the country was getting slammed with severe snow and rain storms last year, we got maybe 10 non-consecutive days of temperatures below 70°F and no rain to speak of. Otherwise it was business as usual--hot and dry. :eusa_doh:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112