Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bag Help

Rosie

One Too Many
Ladies, I need help. I know we had a bag thread not too long ago but I can't seem to find it.

Now that I'm doing so much traveling, I'd like a new bag to carry my items. I know you ladies are super shoppers so I thought I'd enlist your help.

I need a bag, preferebly with a shoulder strap, doesn't have to be leather, with some classic or vintage-esque appeal. It should be big enough to carry my everday items but not so big that it looks like a duffel or is bulky in some way.

I need something that will hold a pair of shoes, my lunch bag, (which currently consists of a medium and small ikea tupperware like bowl and a large container of water) a small collapsible folder filled with papers, my wallet, cell phone, makeup bag, ipod and tiny ipod speakers, hankie and gloves. I could carry a purse to carry my wallet, cell phone, etc. but ideally, I'd like to carry it all in one bag just so that I carry less stuff and don't have to worry about guarding two bags while on public transport. (this is NYC after all) I'm looking in the about 100 dollar more or less category. If it's really cute and functional I of course will pay what I have to within reason.

Color is up in the air though I am not a fan of those cloth bags with cartoonish drawings or sayings on them. My favorite winter work coats are
long camel hair
3/4 red swing coat
long black and white tweed
long dark blue very thick dungaree
long black wool

It can just look cute with my outerwear (doesn't have to match my clothing) since it will be used mostly for work and I won't carry it around other than to get to and from work.

Thanks so much, can't wait to see what you ladies come up with. :)

Miss_Bella_Hell

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I want this one, thought you might like it too:

tuck_and_roll_bag.jpg

http://www.trophyqueen.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=10
Seems like it's pretty large, but might be a little more rockabilly than you're going for.

Trophy Queen also has these larger ones:
carry_on.jpg

and
weekender_bag.jpg

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Elaina said:
You can always make your own bags too. My laptop bag is cartoony (in hello Kitty brocade), but it's what I want. And no one can say "oh that's MY bag."

And as an added bonus, you CAN make them to match your coat without having to settle.

:eusa_clap
My laptop bag has a patch of Cuddles from Happy Tree Friends on it.
cuddles.gif

LD

Rosie

One Too Many
Thanks ladies, I'm looking through the links now.

I don't really have a price range though I'd like something reasonable. 100 ish, little more little less since it will be my every day bag. I had to carry two bags again today and it's just so darn annoying. :mad: Here I am in a big swing coat, with these hips of mine, shoulder bag on one end, hand bag on the other end. It's just frustrating.

I don't think I'm skilled enough to make my own bag. I've made open purses before but I would like something big-gish, with pockets, zippers and such.

I'll look through these links and let you ladies know if I still need help.

Thanks again girls!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21