Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Barbigirl - Injured In Auto Accident (Update: & On The Mend!)

Rufus

Practically Family
Thank you for the update Scott, much appreciated.

Again, all my thoughts and prayers To Barbi, and her family.

FL needs people like Barbi... get those typing digits working! :)

alexandra

Practically Family
I'm very sorry to hear this news, and to know the uphill battle to recovery but my thoughts are with her and her family. I am glad to read the positive update as well.

Miss Crisplock

A-List Customer
My prayers and thoughts go out to Barbiegirl and her family. She is an amazingly nice woman, and I hope she has a speedy recovery.

Scotrace thank you for keeping us all updated.

Brooksie

One Too Many
I met Barbigirl about a year ago at one of the portland events, so I was quite shocked about this - I just read through this whole thread just now. It just about made me cry and my nose won't stop running now.:(

Hey Barbigirl get better, we are all pulling for you here and you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers Stay strong sweetie, I know you are a strong gal.

xo

Brooksie

Zemke Fan

Call Me a Cab
Oh, what sad news indeed...

Barbi, even though we just met once (at the FL event in Seattle two years ago), I remember your easy smile and sparkling eyes. I visited your blog not long ago and was struck by your fun and active life. Yours is a good and strong soul and you will be well again in mind and spirit. If there is such a thing as a heartfelt wave of love and concern from people you mostly know only online (and clearly this thread is evidence there is), then know how very many of us are hoping, wishing, and praying for a full and speedy recovery. -- Fred H.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Update July 3, Day 6

Since the worst of the surgeries (and perhaps all of the surgeries) are completed for her, it is largely a matter of working toward regaining mobility and independence. Barbigirl is still experiencing serious discomfort though her caregivers are doing everything possible to ensure that her pain is managed as best as possible. Her injuries are extensive and serious. Last night was the beginning of the work of getting her up and moving and she remains quite exhausted. She was pleased this morning to have her own cell phone retrieved from the wreckage.
There really isn't a lot to be done at this point, but once she has been moved from a trauma center to a location more oriented to rehabilitation, she may be ready to receive visitors. In the meantime, she can use all the good thoughts we can send her way. In the coming few weeks, rehabilitation work and a great deal of rebuilding rest are on the agenda.

It is a strong cautionary tale for all of us. Though one would have thought that every adult would have gotten the memo long ago, there are still plenty of despicable, selfish characters on the road who believe it is their right to drive drunk and kill or maim others, ruining countless lives and causing horror and heartache. I guess it can't be repeated enough: Never drive if you've had a drink. Never allow others to do so. Easy rules that prevent heartbreaking tragedies such as this.

pgoat

One Too Many
well said.

It sounds like she is in a tough spot right now, but at least perhaps the very worst is over and she can begin on the road to recovery. Best thoughts going out to her and her loved ones.

Hondo

One Too Many
Scotrace Thanks for the updates, an awful thing to happen to such lovely talented lady, I know about rehab, having been in an accident my self some 38 odd years ago, yet here I am a walking miracle, its all mental if you don't dwell on the outer scars, at least she still has her hair :eusa_doh:
laughter cures all, stay sweet hon, take care :)

freebird

Practically Family
My thoughts and prayers are with ya, Barbie. I also have metallic parts, rod and screws in my right femur from a bicycle accident. Once this is over,you too can drive the metal detectors crazy at security checkpoints.:eek: ;)

Eyemo

Practically Family
New to the forum...Get well soon... Looking forward to saying hello!
Kindest Regards,
Seimon.

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Best wishes for a speedy and painless recovery. Please try to keep a possitive outlook for your rehabilitation and remember that your extended family is behind you all the way.

Foofoogal

Banned
Never drive if you've had a drink. Never allow others to do so.

I don't want to take away from this thread but it is appropriate. Many also do not realize that they can be held accountable if someone is served at their home and drives. If someone cannot be responsible remember this and take their keys away or call police to not let them drive. A friendship is never worth a tragedy that is totally unnecessary.
I have known people who have lost their mother on Christmas Eve and nearly their father. It really makes me ill that a lovely woman like Barbigirl has to go thru such pain and her daughters grief and fear over this.
Since this is the 4th. of July weekend please take note and be responsible.
Costly in many, many ways I am sure.

Mr_Misanthropy

Practically Family
+sigh+ When will people learn? Drinking and driving is just never a good idea. Plain and simple.

My condolences to Barbigirl and her family. I wish her a speedy recovery, and I hope she's back on her feet posting in the Lounge in no time.

She will be in my thoughts.

D

DeaconKC

Glad you made it through the surgeries. Hang in there and it will get better. Read Psalms 91 to encourage you and remind you that God does love and care.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy