Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Barbigirl - Injured In Auto Accident (Update: & On The Mend!)

LaMedicine

One Too Many
Thank you for the update, scotrace.

Keeping her in my prayers that her pain ease soon and her rehab goes well.

scotrace said:
Never drive if you've had a drink.
If one has a problem with this, then, medically speaking, that person is considered a problem drinker and needs medical attention. Tragic that so many are unaware.

Foofoogal said:
I don't want to take away from this thread but it is appropriate. Many also do not realize that they can be held accountable if someone is served at their home and drives. If someone cannot be responsible remember this and take their keys away or call police to not let them drive. A friendship is never worth a tragedy that is totally unnecessary.
I have known people who have lost their mother on Christmas Eve and nearly their father. It really makes me ill that a lovely woman like Barbigirl has to go thru such pain and her daughters grief and fear over this.
Since this is the 4th. of July weekend please take note and be responsible.
Costly in many, many ways I am sure.

Just several short weeks ago while we were on vacation we were two vehicles behind a truck that the driver was clearly under the influence of something. He would repeatedly cross over into the other lane. I used my cell phone to call 911 and they were there in a matter of minutes and pulled the vehicle over. Let's always remember that if we observe something like this happening we still have the option to get help before tragedy strikes.

Barbigirl, I am glad to hear you are on the mend and the surgeries are behind you. May your pain on the road to recovery be eased.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
July 5

Barbigirl has been moved from the trauma center to a hospital near her home, where she will mostly rest for a week and begin more serious physical and occupational therapy in another week or so. She is looking forward to having some internet access (with help; she isn't able to use her arms or hands) this week as well, so she is anxious to see this thread and everyone's well wishes.
She is in good spirits, beginning to comprehend what has happened, and already planning and organizing again. :)

Thanks again everyone for your great kindness and good thoughts!

MKL

A-List Customer
I am thankful for the good news of her recovery. Thanks Scott for keeping us updated.

ohairas

Call Me a Cab
Barbigirl I'm very sorry to hear of your accident! I hope your recovery is fast and painless...(or at least mild!) Hugs sweetie!
Nikki
(who also emphasizes no drinking and driving! I lost my grandparents to a drunk driver)

imoldfashioned

Call Me a Cab
I haven't logged into the Lounge for awhile so I've just heard of this terrible news. I was lucky enough to spend some time with her at the last Queen Mary event and a nicer person you'll never meet. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers Barbigirl.

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
She is progressing remarkably rapidly. Whizzing around the hospital in a wheelchair, tormenting her assigned help with Dr. Pepper demands, and making all the interns proclaim undying love.

Seriously she is doing well considering the extreme trauma, and is looking forward to returning to work at a pace that seems almost impossible!

Brian Sheridan

One Too Many
Let's be thankful that one thing that isn't vintage is our health care. While it is far from perfect, it has made incredible strides since the 1930s. I'd hate to think how long her recovery would have been in the past.

rumblefish

One Too Many
This is the first time I've read of this news. I'll be saying a prayer and I'm happy to hear the encouraging news.

Please get well soon!

Chris M.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn