Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Barbigirl - Injured In Auto Accident (Update: & On The Mend!)

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
BarbiGirl.jpg

Longtime Fedora Lounge member Barbigirl sustained serious injuries Friday night, June 27, 2008, in a two-car crash. Just returning from a vacation trip, she was within a few miles of her home when a drunk driver crossed the center line, Striking Barbigirl's car head on. As is so often the case, the drunk driver survived with slight injuries. The passenger in the drunk driver's car was killed. The drunk driver has been charged.
Barbigirl sustained several serious fractures and some lacerations. After spending the first day in intensive care, she has undergone the first of multiple surgeries to repair the damage to her body. She is expected to make a full recovery, but the road back will not be brief or easy.
She has been a very bright spot here, and this has been brutally heavy news.
Watch this thread for updates. In the meantime, please remember her in your thoughts.​

ShortClara

One Too Many
That is terrible! My prayers are with her and her family. My prayers are also with the justice system who can arrest and throw away the key on the ^*&^*er who hit her and killed another.

Naama

Practically Family
Oh my! This is really sad, I hope she recovers soon. I send her the best wishes!

Naama

Foofoogal

Banned
Mercy, she is a beautiful lady inside and out from knowing her here.
My prayers are definitely with her for a full recovery and for her lovely daughters as well.
I also pray for all the other families involved. I am always stunned when in this day people will still get behind the wheel in this state.
Please send her our best and keep us informed if there is anything else we may do for her.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy