Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Barbour Tokito Military Jacket...

Tommer45

One of the Regulars
Barbour has joined forces several times with a designer named Tokihito Yoshida, and the results have been some really great jackets. I was lucky to land their "Tokito" Military Jacket collaboration a few years ago, and all my leathers haven't really been out of the closet since.

This jacket is made with Barbour's 6oz Sylkoil waxed cotton, and it's pretty tough stuff but I would have liked to see the 8oz that my International is made with. With that aside, this is by far the best all around jacket I have ever owned, and unfortunately my old go-to Aero LHB rarely sees the light of day anymore (and I'm a die-hard leather guy, too).

This jacket has a pocket for everything..like really, everything. It has a zipout liner that can be put in in 20 seconds and taken out in 10 (two buttons, two zippers). I've worn this jacket in single digit temps and as long as you're moving it keeps you warm. I work in the film industry, so there are a lot of cold nights where you just stand around for hours, and on those nights I need to bring a heavy shearling vest as an underlayer. Without the liner it can be worn in cool temps and is a true 3 season jacket.

I've never been complimented more on anything else in my life. People ask me about it all the time. I remember not wanting to spend the $960 on it when I did, but the run of them sold out very quickly and I think you can only get them second hand now. This jacket is a beast..

Haven't been on the forum in years.. figured I'd stop in.

Damo

A-List Customer
Thats a really nice jacket!!! Well done!! I really like Barbour coats, I was in one of their stores a few weeks ago and I was really impressed with a couple of their jackets. I was so close to buying their motorcycle jacket but I couldn't get passed their big yellow logo.

Back to your jacket, I didn't like the jacket in your first pic but then once I saw it on you that totally changed. Do you re-wax it often?

Tommer45

One of the Regulars
Back to your jacket, I didn't like the jacket in your first pic but then once I saw it on you that totally changed. Do you re-wax it often?

I agree.. I had originally seen the jacket online and thought it was cool but it didn't really do it for me. But when I saw it in person (in black) I knew I had to have it, but they only had one black in stock and it was too small. They had one size left in the green version in the back and when they brought it out I was sold. I let it go the first two years without any rewaxing, and only recently I noticed it started absording some water. So a few weeks ago I heated up the wax and applied it with a sponge and the jacket looks even better. The rewaxing really added patina. I love it. I'll probably rewax once a year from here on out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran