Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Black leather German military jacket - they just don't make them like this anymore... sigh... ;-)

BobJ

Practically Family
1hussarleatherfur1.jpg

1hussarleatherfurback1.jpg

LINK: http://www.thehistorybunker.co.uk/acatalog/Black_Leather_-_.html

Oh dear Jesus I didn't even notice the furry bits at first! The other jackets on the page are pretty neat, though.

CBI

One Too Many
the company that makes/sells these, the History Bunker, makes excellent products. I have purchased a number of their vintage WW2 roadsigns - awesome!!!! I have seen some garments as well in person - SUPERB!!!!!

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
I first thought, Freddie Mercury, then Adam Ant, Sgt Pepper didn't even think of them! Must be because I'm not a Beatles fan from a 64 on.
The original post pic looks more like part of a traditional dress uniform rather than something worn in battle
This was where the old lancer style(cross over zip) motorcycle jackets originated from.

Edward

Bartender
Most of the jackets on that link look less accurate, military repros and more designed for the nightclub crowd. I do rather fancy the db trenchcoat, though.

As to the style in the original post, they just don't quite look right to me. Like a leather MA1 doesn't look quite right....
I'm keen on a pelisse like the one Hendrix wore, I just don't know where I'd ever actually wear it....

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
Aha! All becomes clear... I've been looking at the History Bunker site for some other bits today, and I see that they are now offering a 10% discount in partnership with 'Torture Garden', London's most famous fetish nightclub, where it seems a lot of this sort of thing is rather popular. I'm not sure whether you have to have a membership of TG or anything to use the discount code, though. Some really interesting stuff on the HB site - if they still have the shop in Leeds, it would be well worth a visit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy