Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

BOTH SIDES OF THE TWEED! - Show us your tweed suits, sport coats and pants

Fastuni

Call Me a Cab
Nice!

If it were up to me, I'd remove the elbow patches and throat latch and change the buttons for light brown corozo suit buttons to give it a more typical 30's feel.

Metatron

One Too Many
Though those aren't features that were completely absent during the 1930s, and I do like the functionality of the throat latch.

I get what you mean though, on a 1960s or 1970s jacket, those details make them even more obviously so.

DamianM

Vendor
il_570xN.709265335_jk3y.jpg

il_570xN.709265325_6cp0.jpg

il_570xN.709265333_2xjt.jpg

All I can do is echo the above posts - that coat is gorgeous, the herringbone is fantastic, the fabric looks insanely thick and the style / cut is perfect. Did you just find it?

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
IMG_0348.jpg IMG_0349.jpg IMG_0350.jpg IMG_0351.jpg

I picked this suit up at Cordings in Piccadilly. I am quite impressed with it. It is obviously not vintage, but it is well-made, has very nice details, and the tweed is quite heavy. It has a Herringbone brown pattern with a burgundy, orange, and butter stripe running through it. It is very nice and easy to match with my current Tattersall shirts and ancient madder ties. The pants are nicely tailored, though perhaps too much so for this crowd. It is much more 21st C. than 1940s. Nevertheless, I love it and wear it proudly to work and around town. If you are in London, I suggest you stop by. They have some beautiful suits, classic ties, and wonderful generously cut shirts.

Patrick Hall

Practically Family
Hemingway Jones, the lapels on the waistcoat of that Cordings suit are great! Would that your suit was actually indicative of most 21st c. tailoring!

TT, any thoughts on the date for barmey's sport coat? Buttons are closely spaced - looks teens/early 20's to my amateur eye? The green and brown flecks really stand out nicely. Don't tell me that was another Savvy Row find...

Papperskatt

Practically Family
any thoughts on the date for barmey's sport coat? Buttons are closely spaced - looks teens/early 20's to my amateur eye? The green and brown flecks really stand out nicely. Don't tell me that was another Savvy Row find...

My guess is late 20s to early 30s. And yes, it's from Savvy Row. They got a big bunch of really great stuff some week ago.

Two Types

I'll Lock Up
Patrick, yes it was from Savvy Row. He was lucky, he had just had his birthday so had some money to spend. What better way to spend it? As for the date: I contacted Savvy Row and was told that, according to the family that sold them the suits & jackets, they had come from the estate of a man who bought them in the late 1930s. He was an army officer and spent most of his career in uniform, living overseas. As such, the clothes were stored in the UK having had hardly any wear. The story seems plausible since, if he bought them just before the outbreak of war, and then went overseas, it might have been six years before he came home. And if, he'd changed weight during those years, he would have had no reason to ever unpack them again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner