Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Cafe racer body fit

Bigbenbs

A-List Customer
Hi,

Thinking about pulling the trigger on an aero café racer with the exact same measurements as my Hooch Hauler. HH is sized as 40 and CR as 38. Wondering if CR will be too small in the mid section (I've got a 33 inch waist). Any thoughts?

Bigbenbs

A-List Customer
Its not a custom but a used one. Question is about waist fit. I'm worried that the CR is a 38 even though shoulder, p2p, sleeve fit perfectly. Because my 40 hooch hauler fits great in the waist.

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I think it would be too tight then, I added the 0.5 inches to my Sheene and it’s damn trim still and my waist is 31-32.

BUT if you don’t wear it zipped it wouldn’t be an issue....I rarely zip mine anyway....

ProteinNerd

My Mail is Forwarded Here
38 with the 0.5 added to the waist on each side.

ed396dd41a981f72b5dabfbddda2cb7b.jpg

003f7b487c9861d7da29fe78a3b2d10a.jpg

I don’t have any pic of it zipped sorry.

ducatimonster

Familiar Face
My first Cafe Racer Sheene shipped from Aero was a 38 ( plus 0.5 inch added each side at waist)
I´m 31 waist and was to small even wearing a T shirt only
Had to change it for a 40" ( plus 0.5 inch added) and now its perfect
I´m 5.10", 168 pounds
Hope this helps
Regards
Joan

VestCoast

A-List Customer
I've got a 33.5 inch waist and I have size 40 Sheene that fits me snugly throughout. Im 5'11 and 185lbs for reference. The cafe racer pattern has a lot of taper so I would personally size for your shoulders first, then adjust side panels for your waist.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apachepass