Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

can anyone date this item?

Ada Veen

Practically Family
I bought this coat in a second hand (as opposed to 'vintage') shop, and have really no idea how old it is. It's royal blue velvet. Sorry the photos are poor, my camera isn't very good.

IMAG0262.jpg

IMAG0264.jpg

IMAG0265.jpg

here's the label:
IMAG0268.jpg

and a closeup of the button detail:
IMAG0263.jpg

Any ideas gratefully received.

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
I cant date it...but some info..

That Post code on the label places the shop..in central london and when you look up Hockley now..the shop is in mayfair a very posh area of town.

The Philip Hockley company seems to have and still does lots of furs..etc...

Regardless of actual age...its a keeper and a very nice find!

I'm guessing early 60s. Very Jackie O thing going on with that jacket. And the style of the "Hockley" type on the label is giving me the same era vibe.

No doubt it'll look like a sack. It seems to be cut like a sack.

per accurate dating, you might want to look into when letters were added onto the W1 post codes (W1S, W1D, W1F etc.). If i remember aright it was sometime in the early 70s. But my memory ain't what it used to be.

bk

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Baron Kurtz said:
I'm guessing early 60s. Very Jackie O thing going on with that jacket. And the style of the "Hockley" type on the label is giving me the same era vibe.

No doubt it'll look like a sack. It seems to be cut like a sack.

per accurate dating, you might want to look into when letters were added onto the W1 post codes (W1S, W1D, W1F etc.). If i remember aright it was sometime in the early 70s. But my memory ain't what it used to be.

bk

On first glance, I concur with our esteemed Mr. Kurtz. A clearer picture of the label will confirm it. But I can also look up Hockley and see if I have any reference data when I have a couple minutes this weekend.

Gotta run - I have to pick out a free hat I'm giving away and post pics tonight.

Vintage Betty

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elzbthy