Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Can someone identify this coat?

GoetzManor

Familiar Face
Ok,

Don't let the title fool you, as I don't have very good pictures of the coat.

The movie is called Blood Creek. For those that don't know, Hitler sends men to America to do research on rune stones that have turned up on rural farms. One man gets sent to a farm in VA to do his work. Yadda Yadda horror movie blah blah typical stuff.

My question is this: The Nazi professor in the film, Richard Wirth, wears this fantastic looking black overcoat throughout the film. I would love to get my hands on one of those, but I'm not sure what to look for. Is this a standard citizen's coat or was it more military based. I know the film is fiction but maybe the dress for the period was accurate. See photo below. Thanks for your help!

creek16.png

Sprinkles

One of the Regulars
As far as I understand, leather overcoats were pretty popular in the 20s-40s. In Germany, these were both civilian- and military-made but I think determining this distinction can be rather ambiguous. At the time, these style coats were undoubtedly worn all over the world but nowadays social conditioning leads people to automatically associate these items with Nazi Germany, so wearing one of these nowadays may garner some odd looks. Don't let the narrow-mindedness of people stop you. Anyway you can no doubt easily find something along the lines you are looking for by simply searching for "leather overcoat" on eBay. Bear in mind, they are probably going to be expensive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner