Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Can you ID this signature?

It is on an oil painting of a landscape. Mine eyes have seen the glory, but are straining to read this and spell or pronounce.
MJKlom_sm.jpg

More pics to come later.
Thank you!

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
I'm guessing "Klonirger." I've never heard of this artist, but that doesn't mean anything.

I bought an Argus ("Argus Cintar" on the lens) at a yardsale many years ago, and a couple years later learned that my father had had one for years. I now have both. One is in storage.

Lee

Miss Neecerie

I'll Lock Up
Not to be odd and fussy....but Klonirger comes up with 0 hits on google....so it's fairly unlikely that a painter somewhere in the past would have a name that no one else on the planet has...or is perhaps not even a word.

With all the people doing geneological research, most surnames pop up on google...

So its Klo.. er

Kloninger
Kloniger
Klominger

Those all have google results indicating them to be surnames.

Can't find an MJ reference.....

MrNewportCustom

Call Me a Cab
Thank you, Miss Neecerie. I hadn't thought to look it up; I just went by what it looked like. :)

I'd considered "Klonister", (I know someone with that name) but disregarded it because nothing in this signature looks even remotely like a "T".

Lee

nightandthecity

Practically Family
I vote for M.J. Klonigger.

The name is normally spelt with one G, but whatever the surname there'll always be someone somewhere who spells it differently.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DavidZL