Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Captain America

Edward

Bartender
I like it. I actually prefer that the wings are painted on (reminds me of the point they make in Watchmen about capes being a bad idea.... lol ).

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
I like it. I actually prefer that the wings are painted on (reminds me of the point they make in Watchmen about capes being a bad idea.... lol ).

I thought that was in the Incredibles...
[video=youtube;Jy2YhxXn7NY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy2YhxXn7NY[/video]

Argee

One of the Regulars
They did it in Watchmen first (the original comic book). Dollar Bill gets his cape stuck in the Bank's revolving door and is gunned down by the robbers.

Bruce Wayne

My Mail is Forwarded Here
cover.jpg

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=30022

Dr H

Call Me a Cab
I prefer the painted wings too. The scenes from the link were filmed less about a quarter of a mile from my home (Fleet, Hants.). My son took some photos of the 'tanks' and installations. Looking forward to the movie...

Mr Vim

One Too Many
Thought I'd grab a few screen shots and show folk, because this is incredible.

Joe Johnston has delivered, the lighting and atmosphere of the film seems, I don't know, very much like the lighting at the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark, when the ark is put in that warehouse.

Here
Screenshot2011-02-06at45133PM.png

Oh and that's Dum Dum Dougan in the bowler hat, played by Neal McDonough of Band of Brothers fame.

Next is Cap in action, there is a lot going on in this scene... again look at the lighting, see what I mean?

Screenshot2011-02-06at45144PM.png

And of course this really gets me going, this is the most faithful Red Skull design I have seen,

Screenshot2011-02-06at44140PM.png

its looks so much like the comic I am just geeking out about it... Look at his eyes! I think they're yellow! Plus you can still see Hugo in there, I hope the publish how this was done.

And of course I threw in Hayley Atwell looking stunningly gorgeous, mostly for the fellas, but ladies, her hair looks great.

Screenshot2011-02-06at45656PM.png

Chasseur

Call Me a Cab
I have to say this looks quite good. Hugo as my favorite Marvel villian is great!

However, I still have some concerns about the acting abilities of Chris Evans, he was pretty sad in "Fantastic Four". Though I have to say I thought those movies were terrible...

Edward

Bartender
Captain America was one hero of whom I was never really a fan; I suppose it just didn't translate much outside of the US. While some of the fanboys are up in arms about the new film (there are a whole lot of knickers in a twist to ridiculous, hilarious degree over the USO plotline, the retitling of the film simply as "The First Avenger" in some markets, and so on), everything I have read actually increases my interest. I'm rather looking forward to this one, especially the WW2 setting. I should imagine if this is a hit we could see a sequel more along the lines of the 1990 film's plot, which would bridge the gap between WW2 era Captain America and the (presumably present-day?) Avengers.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Edward, if they follow Captain America's usual continuity, there's no gap. Cap gets accidentally frozen late in the war, then spends decades trapped in an iceberg until the Avengers discover him and thaw him out. Having no family or friends left - aside from old war buddies turned superheroes like Nick Fury and Reed Richards(*) - he joins the Avengers.

Since all Marvel heroes have to have problems, he spends angsty years as a "man out of time" trying to come to terms with the present... when he's not busy kicking lots of villainous ass.

( * This worked in the early sixties, as the war was only 20 years in the past. Now that Reed Richards' "updated" backstory doesn't include having been in the OSS...)

Edward

Bartender
Edward, if they follow Captain America's usual continuity, there's no gap. Cap gets accidentally frozen late in the war, then spends decades trapped in an iceberg until the Avengers discover him and thaw him out. Having no family or friends left - aside from old war buddies turned superheroes like Nick Fury and Reed Richards(*) - he joins the Avengers.

Ah, I see. I'm not so familiar with his backstory, I didn't realise the Avengers happened to him so immediately.

Since all Marvel heroes have to have problems, he spends angsty years as a "man out of time" trying to come to terms with the present... when he's not busy kicking lots of villainous ass.

( * This worked in the early sixties, as the war was only 20 years in the past. Now that Reed Richards' "updated" backstory doesn't include having been in the OSS...)

It does interest me to see how all these superhero mythologies get remade anew for each generation, keeping the heroes young and in their prime (for the most part... guys like Wolverine aside). I think it would be interesting to see some of them get old and slow...

Mahagonny Bill

Practically Family
It does interest me to see how all these superhero mythologies get remade anew for each generation, keeping the heroes young and in their prime (for the most part... guys like Wolverine aside). I think it would be interesting to see some of them get old and slow...
Kingdom Come from DC does exactly this. Highly recommended reading.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran