Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chevignon

Erich Johann

New in Town
All,

I did a search and came only across a few hits hidden in some threads and therefore thought it might be worthwhile to open a new thread.

I was wondering if anybody is familiar with the French brand Chevignon? I have seen that there is some "official" company history on German wikipedia. My dad owns an aviator jacket (or "Fliegerjacke" ;) ) from Chevignon that he must have bought in the mid-to-late 80s (similar to one of those whose photos you can find when searching for "Chevignon" here on the FL). I remember that back in the early 1990s, when Chevignon was at the height of its popularity in Germany, school kids who were wearing any Chevignon garb were running the risk of being mugged and "relieved" of said brand's clothes ...

I wonder if Chevignon rings any bells on the other side of the Atlantic? Or maybe with any European forum members? After all, they seem to have been famous for their ("distressed") aviator jackets.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
We spoke about this brand recently in the patina thread. I've seen them, worn them. Pretty bog-standard mall quality jacket. And when I say mall quality, I'm comparing it to the higher quality that was around in the early 1980's, not today's plastic stuff.

Those pre-distressed "aviator" jackets were everywhere then - an attempt to cash in on the Indy Jones adventurer look. I think Kevin Costner even wore one in Field of Dreams. Although it may have been an Avirex copy.

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
Remind me some memories when I was a kid.

I have denim, belts... and a lot of school stuff (agenda, pens, pen cases...)

At a moment they even sell cigarettes but other companies make sure that they have any rights to sell them because it was too popular. I still have a pack as a souvenir.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy