Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Copying Suits

SteveN

One of the Regulars
How do most of the loungers go about copying suits? For example, the 'belted back treasure (http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=18526) definitely looks worthy of copy, and a few folks mentioned that they'd like to do so in the thread.

Do you go to your favorite tailor with photos, or does a tailor need the suit itself to make an accurate reproduction?

Cheers,
- Steve

SteveN

One of the Regulars
Cookie,

Thanks for that, but I meant it as a more general question. There are *many* suits & sport jackets I've seen here that I'd like copied and I'm trying to figure out the best way to do this.

Cheers,
- SteveN

SteveN

One of the Regulars
That's a very interesting service. It would be ideal if some of the members with the more interesting pieces would send in their suits so that some paper patterns could be made up and shared. Imagine being able to order made to measure or bespoke versions of some of the fantastic suits we have seen here!

Tomasso said:

Regards,
- SteveN

cookie

I'll Lock Up
SteveN said:
That's a very interesting service. It would be ideal if some of the members with the more interesting pieces would send in their suits so that some paper patterns could be made up and shared. Imagine being able to order made to measure or bespoke versions of some of the fantastic suits we have seen here!

Regards,
- SteveN

THAT PROJECT IS UNDERWAY ALREADY SEE POSTS ON PATTERNS...

SteveN

One of the Regulars
cookie said:
THAT PROJECT IS UNDERWAY ALREADY SEE POSTS ON PATTERNS...

Thanks

Have you got a link? The word 'pattern' is very common on this forum.

I'd like to get in on this project. I've got a few vintage suits coming my way that I'd be willing to donate. (I want them back though!)

Cheers,
- Steve

resortes805

Call Me a Cab
If you are serious about this, you must check out the tailor that did Benny Holiday's work. It's amazing.

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
SteveN, if you're interested I can PM you Mario Valenti's details, he is a top class old school tailor and has reproduced suits for me from photographs and even my own sketches. He's made Hollywood suits with pleated patch pockets and beltbacks, bi-swing backs, hi-rise trousers with side cinch straps, 40s-style double breasted suits, loafer jackets, and even about seven or eight zoot suits.

Seeing as you're in Sydney, he'd be well worth checking out. Don't take me word for his work, when Resortes and Cookie recommend someone, they ogtta be good!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart