Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crusher caps

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
Do an advanced search on "crush cap" or "crusher" in the Hats forum - I seem to recall that there have been several substantial threads on them over the years.

BTW, there's no way that US Authentic (aka flightjacket.com) makes their crushers - chances are that it's the exact same one as you'll find at Garcia, but with a price markup tacked on. (At one point, US A supplied their A-2s to Garcia, so there's probably a relationship there.)

filfoster

One Too Many
NCHS

USAAFAcePilot said:
For some odd reason I can't look at their online store. Their "click" button doesn't work or something.

The site is terrible. You would have to see one at a miltaria show or his
'warehouse' in Springfield, VA, which is only open on certain weekends. He's available this weekend (Jan 22-23). His crushers are very nice, his own make and not someone elses.

USAAFAcePilot

One of the Regulars
Show me your US Wings crusher caps

I'm curious to see what "surgery" or other adjustments you guys did to handle the "Manuel Noriega" look.

THANKS

Mike K.

One Too Many
My "adjustment" was to send it back for a refund.
I bought the last Lancaster cap in my size from Eastman.
If I purchased another today it would be from Diamond Dave.

Fletch

I'll Lock Up
I mooshed mine under a big box all winter. It was still kinda tall, so I undid the stitching holding the crown to the band, thinking I'd cut down the band 1/2" or so and then reattach.

It looks like it would be a real fingerbuster restitching it - requiring stitching thru several stiff layers, probably a specialized machine job. So until I figure how, that's where it stands.

USAAFAcePilot

One of the Regulars
Diamond "Fortress"----Insight?

While browsing through the FL I came across the Diamond "Fortress" cap and found that it is significantly cheaper in price than the "Flighter." I MIGHT take the opportunity and step up from the Garcia Avation crusher to the "Fortress."

Any insight, photos, stories, anything?

-EDIT-POSTING MISTAKE-MEANT TO GO UNDER "HATS" FORUM

THANKS

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Ace, give us some info on this "Fortress" cap. I did a quick Google search and couldn't find anything for "Diamond Fortress Cap". Do you have a link or
a manufacturers URL?

-dixon cannon

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Don't hold your breath, Pilot. I have asked for photos and reviews of crushers before, as have others. Haven't seen an owner pic yet, and nothing really helpful in the way of info. But I'll sit this vigil with you just in case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy