Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Crusher caps

RJR

Hat-Motor Cap-Simonds  4.JPG
Here is one of Barry's Motorist caps.

Uhu

Familiar Face
There's a Polish company, Sterkowski, that makes civilian crusher style caps, you can find them on Amazon if you search for Breton or Fiddler's caps. I'd like to wear a civilian crusher, but I haven't found any to my taste. Usually the bands are too narrow, and the tops have too little overhang, so they resemble the garden variety Greek Fisherman. Too cliche for me. I have several original military crushers in my collection, the oldest is this Imperial German Army example. The cut and jaunty style is impeccable.

Attachments

• ImperialCrusher2 copy.jpg
    ImperialCrusher2 copy.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 1,024

RJR

There's a Polish company, Sterkowski, that makes civilian crusher style caps, you can find them on Amazon if you search for Breton or Fiddler's caps. I'd like to wear a civilian crusher, but I haven't found any to my taste. Usually the bands are too narrow, and the tops have too little overhang, so they resemble the garden variety Greek Fisherman. Too cliche for me. I have several original military crushers in my collection, the oldest is this Imperial German Army example. The cut and jaunty style is impeccable.
Hat-Motor Cap-Sterkowski Linen_edited.jpg
This is a linen Sterkowski.Very comfortable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff