Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Daisy Buchanan Under the Weather

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Thank you, everyone!
I am going to print these out and bring them to her. I know that she will appreciate them and that they will lift her spirits. It's the best get-well card anyone could hope for.
I am awaiting word and once I have an update, I will pass it along.

be_lovely

One of the Regulars
In tune of Bicycle built for 2

" Daisy Daisy, get better and back soon, we are all half crazy hoping you arent feeling blue"

I know its corny, but its the best I could do, and its from the heart.

Feel better, and do what the doctor tells you.... Crohn's is a pain in the, well, you know.....

We miss you!!!

cookie

I'll Lock Up
Hemingway Jones said:
Hello All,

In case anyone is wondering where Daisy is, she is in the hospital with a Crohn's flare. Many of you know about her work with Crohn's related causes and her particularly difficult case that she battles daily.

I've been going to see her everyday, and would be happy to pass along any well-wished to cheer her up and to aid in her recovery.

We expect her home in about a week.

Please do. The missus and I have 3 friends with that problem...

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I am passing all of your comments along. Thank you everyone.

There is no real update, except that it looks like she'll be in for a while and they're trying to avoid surgery, if they can get everything under control with medication.

Hemingway Jones

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Hey, thanks you guys. Friendships mean everything in life. That's why we're here, I think; to touch as many people as we can in a positive way and to develop our characters. That's part of what the Lounge is about to me.

My friends mean a lot to me and Daisy has been my best friend for years now. She is an amazing friend; so supportive, loyal, and compassionate. I am only too happy to be here for her now and I am as anxious as anyone to see her back on her feet.

Sorry for getting philosophical there. ;)

She seems to be in there at least through the weekend and perhaps into next week. She may be able to get on-line at some point when her dad brings in his iPhone or if she feels well enough to use her laptop.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hey Everyone:)

Hi all!!!
Just wanted to thank you all for your well wishes, support, and kindness. It really means a lot to me, and has brought a smile to my face during a time when it's kind of difficult to smile:)
I'm taking the time to read over each and every one of your posts and I must say it is overwhelming to have such support and care from all of you!
Please pardon me if I'm not answering this all that great, I'm on some pretty strong pain meds. called dilauded which is even stronger than morphine:eek:, so I'm feeling pretty good:)
I'm getting very good care, but unfortunately nothing ever happens on the weekend when you're in the hospital. On Monday they have some tests lined up and will try and figure out if the infection is getting any better. If they show that the strong meds are working, they'll let me eat, as soon as I can eat and drink on my own I can go home. So, I'll be here over the weekend but keep my fingers crossed that I'll be home on Monday:)
I'm just really glad that I have doctors who are taking such good care of me and are willing to try different treatments rather than just call a surgeon at the first sign of infection.
Thanks again everyone!! You all have put a smile on my face and I appreciate your well wishes so much:)
Thanks to Hem too:) A friend like you is truly hard to find. Thanks for starting this thread, thanks for feeding my kitties, and thanks for sitting with me for hours and listening to me complain!!! You are the greatest, and I'm truly in your debt:eek:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
islamicjankari