Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Deckard & Newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
As some of you know, Jack in New York and myself in LA have started a new clothing line. The site isn't finished, but here's a preview of what we're offering.

Jack Newcastle sporting the Delegate model
JackUnUmbrella.jpg

The single button is The Delegate. We'll be offering it in three to four solid colors - black, charcoal, grey, midnight, and perhaps white. Trousers available in Sans-a-belt or with belt loops, with cuffs or in cigarette style.
Better pics coming this week

Splashpage at www.deckardandnewcastle.com

Joe King

New in Town
Hello Matt,

Just a quick line to wish you guys all the best:eusa_clap

I am sure I wont be the only one keeping an eye on the site, guess I better start saving now:rolleyes:

Happy thoughts,

Joe

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
As Jack said, Thanks for all the well wishes.

Regarding the armholes. There will be info on fit on the web page, and I do have to say that if you are used to regular suits from off the rack then you should notice quite a difference when it comes to movement in the suits. Like with the first time wearing a vintage jacket, you may think the armholes are too high but it's something you have to get used to if you want the mobility.

Stay tuned.

Jovan

Suspended
Going to sound weird, but the first time I put on a vintage jacket I didn't NOTICE a difference until I raised my arms. That's just how comfortable a well-fitted armhole is.

Jovan

Suspended
iammatt said:
Matt,

I think this is a good idea. If you can't find what you like, why the heck not make it yourself? I hope there are enough other people out there who what the same thing, and I assume there probably are.

Good luck!
There are. I'm tossing around ideas to make my own, vintage-style, unlined or thinly lined ties. I hope it works out.

iammatt

Familiar Face
Jovan said:
There are. I'm tossing around ideas to make my own, vintage-style, unlined or thinly lined ties. I hope it works out.

Most of my ties are unlined and many made from either vintage, or vintage repro silks. I love them, but can only warn you that most people I know do not. On the other hand, start up costs are low.

Prairie Dog

A-List Customer
The "Delegate" model that Mr. NewCastle is wearing is very reminiscent of something that Jim Hutton and Carey Grant wore in the film, "Walk Don't Run". Very nice, indeed!
Wishing you the best of luck, Matt and Jack with this endeavor.

Walk_dont_run_s6080.jpg

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Good job, gents.:eusa_clap

I'm always impressed by the entrepreneurial spirit here on the Lounge. There's been quite a bunch of it the past few years!

Brad

Jay

Practically Family
Senator Jack said:
We have three dbs coming and Matt has two sb three-pieces. I know at least one of them will be a knife-pleat belted back. Matt should have pics up in the next few days.

I guess I'll start saving up now. Good luck fellas.

mikepara

Practically Family
You go away for a few months and all hell brakes out!

Marc gone?
Matt & The Senator far too busy for surfing this rubbish now! (Surely?)

Shucks. I'll have to go away more often...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner