Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Deckard & Newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Since these were lost in the last Lounge outage.

l_be9f9caf2b2bf2576575dcf06b1591aa.jpg
l_7ae1d1764936d1db6b0a2789938ff877.jpg

l_fdd4f0c1bb25a53376850d401c9b7c01.jpg

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
kabuto said:
What's the concept/elevator pitch/mission statement of the company? The designs seem all over the place, no single period or style. Might it not be better for a startup to nail down a line in a particular style before branching out?

Is it just "Your one-stop source for small armscyes"?

From what I've seen, I'd put it as "Your one-stop source for small armscyes and hardy fabrics in a handful of vintage-looking styles that reflect the proprietors' tastes."

Not that there's anything wrong with that. I like some of the styles I've seen so far, and I approve of both proper fit and hard-wearing fabrics.

Small Town Girl

One of the Regulars
I just wanted to say that you guys have come up with some very handsome suits.I am very impressed! I really like all of them.The first one (solid grey) reminds me of a suit Dean Jones would wear (meant in a good way).The second striped suit reminds me of Alan Ladd from The Glass Key.I really love the one with the "belted" back! That's always been one of my favorite styles. It reminds of Clark Gable's suit in It Happened One Night.They're all so classic.Keep up the good work!:)

Small Town Girl

One of the Regulars
I just wanted to say that you guys have come up with some very handsome suits.I am very impressed! I really like all of them.The first one (solid grey) reminds me of a suit Dean Jones would wear (meant in a good way).The second striped suit reminds me of Alan Ladd from The Glass Key.I really love the one with the "belted" back! That's always been one of my favorite styles. It reminds of Clark Gable's suit in It Happened One Night.They're all so classic.Keep up the good work!:)

The Double-0-Soul

This is the first tux (okay, really a dinner jacket and tux trousers, if you want to be a purist).

tux16.jpg

tux11.jpg

Will have details shots in a week or so. Can tell you that we really nailed the trousers - better than even I expected. Straight outta '63.

Thanks for all the kind words and support, guys. We appreciate the encouragement.

Senator Jack

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The Dinner Jacket looks great on you Jack and to be honest everything I've seen so far looks fantastic. Great effort gentlemen.

Hi gang,

Remember when the Riccardos and the Mertzes opened up that hamburger stand? lol

Okay, so, here's the story. Matt and I have decided to part company on this venture. Matt will be pursing his line and I, mine. I'll be working with a designer who has a quarter-century experience with 20s through 40s vintage, so we'll be sure to have more than a few suits that you're going to love. Thanks for all the support, and I'll keep you posted on further developments.

Kind regards,

Senator Jack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner