Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Deckard & Newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forgotten Man

One Too Many
Well, I’ve seen the suit in person many times, and it is indeed a well made fine piece of suiting with very fine details that is very old world.

The inside of the coat is really well done… Matt, you should post a photo or two of the inside of the coat to give everyone an idea.

As the years go on, fewer and fewer vintage goods are going to be around for us to collect or to wear. This is the future of “our look” we want to keep up… as people like Matt, continue to strive for details and quality (as they were in the 30s-40s) we’ll be able to duplicate original vintage clothing perfectly!

What Matt is doing is really in a way “rocking the boat” of the modern suit industry! Because, not only are you getting a suit with a particular look, but, the quality is high!

Robert Conway

A-List Customer
Looking good, gentlemen. That travel suit with the action back, looks very nice.

I don't know what else you have up your sleeve, but please make me a happy fellow and tell me that there is a nice single breasted, peak lapel tux in the line up...., pretty please?
;)

DOUGLAS

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I can't wait to see the other offerings. You both have got a great idea going.

MK

Founder
Staff member
Bartender

I took the liberty of color correcting the photos to what I saw in person.

deckard_suit1.jpg

Deckard_suit3.jpg

Deckard_suit4.jpg

Enjoy!

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
I think the hatters are doing pretty well now that we have experts putting together higher crowned well felted chapeaus for men.

Deckard & Newcastle at the moment is here to provide well constructed suits with clinically detailed designs that fit impeccably well. I've already done a few custom designs for clients. As for hats, for now we'll leave felt hats to the hatters.

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
Wide enough to look cool

Depending on the stripes, We'll match them up as best we can too.

And to clear some things up

These suits are for everyone looking for comfort and a good fit.
A retaliation against the tight fitting suits you see on models who advertise goods and the extra large sizes you see on the wearers that are actually being worn.

I'm talking to several tailors and finding out that they go by ratios that keep them logistically close to globally accepted standards when they make bespoke or even made to measure suits. I like the fit of the suits you see in movies from the 30's 40's and 20's because I think they fit men much better... in fact I received a call from The author of the latest Carry Grant Biography a few weeks back telling me the same. He mentioned that it was like night and day when you compared fit of many todays suit fits to yesteryear's. So My goal is just to bring customers that fit and panache that came with suits that were made in a day where men wore suits throughout the day and not just for special occasions.

Robert Conway

A-List Customer
Matt Deckard said:
Wide enough to look cool
Fair enough. I'm very curious to see this one in person.

Depending on the stripes, We'll match them up as best we can too.

And to clear some things up

These suits are for everyone looking for comfort and a good fit.
A retaliation against the tight fitting suits you see on models who advertise goods and the extra large sizes you see on the wearers that are actually being worn.

I'm talking to several tailors and finding out that they go by ratios that keep them logistically close to globally accepted standards when they make bespoke or even made to measure suits. I like the fit of the suits you see in movies from the 30's 40's and 20's because I think they fit men much better... in fact I received a call from The author of the latest Carry Grant Biography a few weeks back telling me the same. He mentioned that it was like night and day when you compared fit of many todays suit fits to yesteryear's. So My goal is just to bring customers that fit and panache that came with suits that were made in a day where men wore suits throughout the day and not just for special occasions.

Amen.

The suits are looking good. The one suit i've seen i person (black flannel w/ white chalk stripe) was very similar to Matt's one on previous page. I was impressed with the weight of the fabric and the cut was essentially 40s-correct. Buttons set a little low for my taste, but that's because such button stance don't seem to work w/ my physique.

I hope this will work out for Matt 'n' Jack 'n' tailor. My slim pocket book will be sticking to vintage 'cause there's no lack of 1930s 36S suits out there.

bk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner