Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Display your library!

Steve

Practically Family
Half-way related to the "What Are You Reading?" thread. Through the courtesy of a blog, I found out about this great new site called LibraryThing. For those of us who are unredeemable bibliophiles, you can list your home library on the site, find out who else likes the literature you like, and what they think about it. I've uploaded quite a few of my books today, show us yours!

http://www.librarything.com/catalog.php?view=stevegray

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
As much as I like to read, I usually prefer to check out books from the library. There aren't many books I like to regularly revisit.

However, my father recently gave me the new translation of The Three Musketeers. I gave it to him for Christmas, and although he enjoyed reading it, he doesn't plan to re-read it. I suppose I will acquire Twenty Years After in the same way: it was my recent birthday present to him.

JazzBaby

Practically Family
Ok, this is so my favourite site EVER! Thanks for the link, Steve! I love seeing how many people have the same books as me - a lot of surprising finds there - and I finally have an addiction a little more mentally stimulating than The Sims. Although if you all start posting links to your libraries I might stay up all night browsing through them...:eek: :eek: Mine isn't quite ready yet, but look forward to seeing some others.

Rachel

Barry

Practically Family
I am using Delicious Library. I scan the books via barcode with my iSight cam. It doesn't pick up everything but for the most part it's great.

Barry

S

Samsa

This is going to my new obsession....

This is only a small section of my library; it's the contents of the bookcase in my room. I have a couple hundred more volumes in another room of the house. I used to work as a cataloger at a library, so I feel right at home!

http://www.librarything.com/catalog.php?view=samsa

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I opened an account a few months ago, put a bunch of stuff in, got distracted and haven't been back to it. I need to revisit, I suppose. My sister actually bought the barcode reader, which I need to 'borrow' from her. It would speed things up considerably, although my older books (of which there are many) will still have to be entered manually.

By the way, they have a groups option. I suppose there could be a Fedora Lounge group.

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
That's a very cool site! Thanks for the link.

I only have a few books that I actually hold dear. I have a collection of miniature children's books from the early 1900's, they came in a decorative box, they are from Germany and my Omi read them to my Mom when she was a little girl.
I have a vintage copy of "Leaves of Grass", but I hear they are quite common.
I also have a box set of Jane Austen novels, printed in 1911. They are mini books with decorative hard covers, very interesting. I tried doing research to find out more about them, but never came across anything.
I acquired the first 5 Harry Potter books, all first edition first printings, all in mint condition from a used bookstore here in Boston for $20! I'm not sure if the bookseller knew that they were first edition first printings. I think they were worth something a few years ago, but I honestly haven't a clue anymore. I just really enjoyed the books, and couldn't pass up the opportunity to buy 5 of them for such a steal.

Other than that I don't think anyone on line would be interested in my collection of historical fiction, chick lit, and countless books on Crhon's Disease and Rheumatoid Arthritis:eek: Although I do have some intriguing dental text books if anybody's interested:D

Amy Jeanne

Call Me a Cab
There's no option to join the Fedora Lounge group.
Or am I missing something?????? :eusa_doh: :eusa_doh: :eusa_doh:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot