Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Does anyone read "Biggles" books?

Heater

Familiar Face
Does anyone read the "Biggles" adventure novels of Capt W.E. Johns? They cover the period of WWI to post WWII in the experiences of it's hero, James Bigglesworth. I've found a few used ones and can't wait for them to arrive.

biggles.jpg

Biggles2.jpg

Biggles_of_the_Royal_Flying_Corps.jpg

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
I read a few of them back in the mid 80s when I was around ten - I think they were 70s era paperback reprints (my folks probably still have them). I must check into those again at some point, I remember them being quite good.

David Conwill

Call Me a Cab
I curious what Biggles fans thought of the 1986 film "Biggles: Adventures in Time".

Sincerely,
The Wolf

I know I'm resurrecting a dead thread, but I was thinking of this film and did a search on the same topic. I enjoyed the film, but I've only read maybe one of the books. I saw it as a kid, and we had it on VHS because my brother, Dad, and I liked it so well. I always thought it was probably a television pilot that never got picked up.

Historically accurate? No. Campy? Yes. But good clean fun nonetheless.

-Dave

DJH

I'll Lock Up
When I was a kid (back in the 60's) in the UK, Biggles, Algy and Ginger were constant companions.

I'd like to find some of those great old stories again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vladyslav