Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

At least they won't go hatless.

oliver-twist.jpg

The high prices come and go. It only took two to tangle. Old hats in one of Stetson's highest quality levels can get some folks excited. Whippets seem to do that for others.

Landman

One Too Many
Has anybody ever had to file a non-payment complaint against a buyer? It has been 3 days since the auction ended and I have not received payment or a response to any of my messages. I plan on giving them some more time but it's starting to look like they are not going to pay. I have been on Ebay since 1998 and this is the first problem I have ever had with a buyer. I just want to know if it is a big hassle or even worth pursuing it.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this question but I thought it was better than the general "Ask a Question" thread. Thanks.

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
It's not a big hassle to do. It's worth doing because you get your sales fees refunded from ebay and the bidder is marked as having not paid. If they get too many non-payment complaints against them ebay suspends them which prevents them from bothering other sellers.

Landman

One Too Many
Thanks. I'm not too concerned about not being paid because I still have the item but I don't want them to get away with it or do it to somebody else. I also don't want to rush to judgement either. I'd hate to file a complaint and they had some medical issue or emergency that prevented them from completing the transaction.

Landman

One Too Many
Mike, what does their feedback look like?

Randall,

Their feedback is a 100% with around 1300 transactions. The weird thing is their feedback is hidden. You can only see the totals but not what was said or the items. I've never seen that before and it seemed strange to me. It actually sent up a little red flag in my mind.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy