Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Has anybody ever had to file a non-payment complaint against a buyer? It has been 3 days since the auction ended and I have not received payment or a response to any of my messages. I plan on giving them some more time but it's starting to look like they are not going to pay. I have been on Ebay since 1998 and this is the first problem I have ever had with a buyer. I just want to know if it is a big hassle or even worth pursuing it.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this question but I thought it was better than the general "Ask a Question" thread. Thanks.

I had a lengthy time between auction & payer but the guy had to go fix down power lines from storm damage.
I usually give them thru a weekend or 2 since business travel makes it hard for some to get online for personal business.

Landman

One Too Many
Tom,

That is what I plan to do. If they do turn out to be a non-paying buyer I will post the info here so everybody can avoid them.

Thanks everybody.

yttclothing

One of the Regulars
Non paying bidders are the Bain of my life I get about two a week, try and open a case and close it before your invoice just to avoid money going in and out of your bank, most honest ebayers will contact if they have issues paying. After 7 days I open a case if no contact has been made. It's a shame people can't just be honest.

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I have never had to wait more than 72 hrs. & it made me anxious.
But as ePay says seven days B4 you can file a nonpayment complaint (still, I think), give 'em seven.
Who knows what might have happened?

Keep in mind too that eBay sends the buyer a daily reminder to pay.
After seven days, all bets are off. Bust 'em.

Landman

One Too Many
Just to give a little update. After a week and no responses to my messages I filed a non-paying buyer case with Ebay. They immediately paid but still haven't responded to my messages. I don't know if they will but I guess if they want to they can give me a negative feedback after they receive the item. Has anybody had that problem?

bond

Mike, I let late non payers know that if they don't pay in the time frame set by eBay or yourself then I file claim and item is re listed . I also put them on my buyer block list as payback which prevents them from making future purchases.
It's a hassle dealing with non payers but it happens, best not to let it bother you.
Ps you can always sell to the second highest bidder as an option too.

casechopper

Anyone see the modern Stetson OR someone just listed with what looks like live moths crawling around on the liner? Who knows how much of the hat will actually arrive to the buyer? Should be listed as no holes... yet.

J. Hückel´s Söhne Flexible Melone. According to seller 1960/70 but probably early 1930s plus in super condition. Also very good auction photos. Now I wait.

8803574393_bd6343d60a_b.jpg

8803574439_1e7a12d799_b.jpg

8803574471_598a6a7b43_b.jpg

8821551326_b6260d8190_b.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy