Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

John Galt

Vendor
Finally found a Resistol "Krushable" at a good BIN price, and its a unique one with a widish brim & multiple rings of stitching. Also "Kitten Finish." Maybe I should open "JG's Closet" or "The Outdoor Galt" & relist at 350.00!

ve2apuja.jpg

I'm teasing, don't take me so seriously! I'm just giddy about finally finding one of these.

John Galt

Vendor
Very neat Resistol. I've never seen one of those. Could you post a pic of the insides?

Happy to do so when it arrives. I think I may post all of my lightweights in the appropriate thread soon. It's getting to be a pretty big collection of lightweights, with most of the major contenders represented.

madame babette

New in Town
Hi,

So nice to "meet" you here. I love the 3 hats you purchased, I saw them up for sale on Ebay. I was curious on the hemp hat, as to how that seller determined it was made of hemp as I am not sure on that.... but it is possible. I would also love to feel and see that one up close. Even if it is not hemp, it is a beautiful hat.

You are right about the lining/label on the black hat, it is a very nice one to see....how funny that it is a McDonalds now, and sad too.

Your idea about photographing the hats in front of historic buildings reminds me of Bill Cunnigham's book "Facades". It is a great book!

I look forward to seeing more of your collection.

CaramelSmoothie

Practically Family
Hi Mme. Babette!

I just looked up that book and you are right, that does look somewhat like what I want to do. I just ordered the book because it looks like an interesting book. Again, thanks for the recommendation as I would have never found this book as I see it was published in 1978! LOL.

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
Top Hat With Beads

Item of interest, for sure. My grandmother was a native beader. Those seed beads are old school, for sure, and the hat is a Christys. Wish I had the cash. Maybe one of you gents will save it.

http://bit.ly/17N9sHf

9ebyzura.jpg

No affiliation. eBay photo.
That is one neat hat! I don't know what it is about that hat but I like it. Apparently, someone bought it for $400. Wow. I like that hat, but not $400 worth!

John Galt

Vendor
That is one neat hat! I don't know what it is about that hat but I like it. Apparently, someone bought it for $400. Wow. I like that hat, but not $400 worth!

Well, it's a piece of Native American history, so it has a broader range of interested collectors. I knew it would go rather high & didn't even try.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran