Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

feltfan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks for this!

This is from ebays t&c's

The buyer must return the item to you to qualify for a refund. The buyer will pay for return postage.
Here are the criteria for return postage:
Buyers must return the item using trackable postage with delivery confirmation, or risk not qualifying for a refund if the item is lost in transit.
If tracking or delivery confirmation is not provided by the buyer returning the item, and the item does not appear in a reasonable amount of time, then the seller is not obligated to refund the buyer.

Basically they are not obliged to refund but if you threaten neg feedback most will!

Mystic

Practically Family
worthlesswithoutpics
Howza' 'bout a link?
As I would like to avoid this arsehat.:mad:

I understand. But, until I have hat safely in hand or situation resolved with refund it is better for me to withhold certain details.

I am now only responding to other's comments about this issue.

I will update as to the outcome.

Last edited:

yttclothing

One of the Regulars
As I'm a gambling man I just threw 9 Euros (only bidder) at this plus the cost of the post

$_57.JPG

It's Borsalino described as "vintage"

That about all it says except it's a size 5

Last edited:

CaramelSmoothie

Practically Family
People still bid while the auction is still in progress?? LOL. That's a sure way to get the emotional bidders to nibble your bid up and over. I wonder how many on this forum snipe.

John Galt

Vendor
Haven't posted a victory in a while, but just picked up this poorly listed and pretty rare Stetson Zephyr Weight for a great price as the only bidder.

It just needs a little TLC.

uza6e6eq.jpg

edupa6yr.jpg

"Faint hat never won fair lady."

John Galt

Vendor
True enough. I won't know until I really look at it, but it's got an 80's look to me. I particularly like lightweights, though, and Zephyr weights are seldom seen.

"Faint hat never won fair lady."

Rick Blaine

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Bloody Hell

There is always some cork sucker ready to suck all the joy out of "this thing of ours" and "urinate in the well", to everyone's' determent.
I might guess it is time to decamp move on & collecting lamp finials or toad eggs or some such... [huh]

fedoracentric

Banned
I always wonder what people like that are thinking?

Selling on ebay isn't rocket science. If you have an item you aren't schooled on. You search what other sellers are selling it for. You watch for a while and see what they are actually getting. Then you set your price. Pretty easy preparation.

But these guys come in with a hat that might sell for $300 if they are lucky and set a buy it now at $700?? Who are these idiots trying to kid?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner