Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
I've seen that one but it's already too high. It started at $50 but it's going now at $150... I can't (and don't want to) pay that for a 1 size too large hat.
For that size I got this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Resistol-St...MtNNf9KEKJPK0o5Uqk1Ng%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc
It's a Stagecoach but it ended much much cheaper...

Speaking of ebay cowboy hats, the seller calling himself moviehatsandmore seems to think that dousing hats in talcum powder means he's selling "aged" or pre distressed hats.
Aged hats don't get that look... when I see that I step away. But funny is that they put a high price tag...

Last edited:
cool... a stamp like this?

stetsleg5.jpg

fedoracentric

Banned
So, here is an ebay question.....

How do you all feel about a seller who models the hat for sale on someone's head?

Say, like this guy selling a ballcap on ebay....

badwaytosell.JPG

Seeing that unruly hair on this mangy guy does NOT make me want to buy the thing that has be scrunched down on his head!
I have also seen hats perched on the heads of aged, scabby-faced guys that look half drunk, too. Ugh.

I say NEVER show your hat on a person's head on ebay because invariably it will be unappealing.

Or... am I wrong?

What do ya'all think?

On the other hand, I've seen a few sales where they slapped the hat on the head of a pretty girl and even though it doesn't make me interested in the hat, at least I wasn't repulsed! Ha, ha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff