Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

That's because it came from Jamaica, Vermont, Jared. That is a land unto itself. Like Hardwick (VT). Congrats my friend. sCORE!!

I was born in Vt

fedoracentric

Banned
Well, I was watching an auction for a Stetson from the 1960s that I wasn't aware they sold. The auction is over now, (And it didn't sell because they wanted far too much) so here are the photos...

It is a Stetson 200!

I never saw a "200" before.

Stetson_200_01.jpg
Stetson_200_02.jpg
Stetson_200_03.jpg
Stetson_200_04.jpg
Stetson_200_05.jpg

The sweatband is too faded, but it looks like Xs over the words "two hundred." This may have been the start of when Stetson really made the Xs meaningless?

Last edited:

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Well, I was watching an auction for a Stetson from the 1960s that I wasn't aware they sold. The auction is over now, (And it didn't sell because they wanted far too much) so here are the photos...

It is a Stetson 200!

I never saw a "200" before.

The sweatband is too faded, but it looks like Xs over the words "two hundred." This may have been the start of when Stetson really made the Xs meaningless?

<.<
Stetson 200?
>.>
There are some Xs over the words and I count 20 of them...

DJH

I'll Lock Up
When I glanced at the photo of the 200, I thought there was a huge stain on the felt. It was only after I reached for my reading glasses (getting old sucks) that I noticed someone had attached a feather duster to the hat. :)

fedoracentric

Banned
I'll tell you one thing, If'n I owned that hat the feather duster would be canned and that goofy band would also be eliminated in favor of a nice, traditional back ribbon. The way it is now it looks like a terrible pimp hat!

T Jones

I'll Lock Up
When I glanced at the photo of the 200, I thought there was a huge stain on the felt. It was only after I reached for my reading glasses (getting old sucks) that I noticed someone had attached a feather duster to the hat. :)

...maybe it's just really a Stetson 100 without the feather ;)

Landman

One Too Many
That could be a nice looking hat without the feather and a different ribbon. With a different ribbon or maybe a horsehair band and a little tweaking of the crown it could have the look of a western style Homburg.

fedoracentric

Banned
That suitcase looks like a Stetson 100 suitcase with something covering the Stetson 100 logo on the inside of the top.

I have seen the occasional Stetson 100 in the red interior with that bumper device on the lid, too. It is a cushion-like thing meant to help keep the hat from jumping around in the case when closed.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
That could be a nice looking hat without the feather and a different ribbon. With a different ribbon or maybe a horsehair band and a little tweaking of the crown it could have the look of a western style Homburg.
We may never know, but that hat may have come from Hollywood..."Huggie Bear's" hat from Starsky and Hutch!

Joshua Wilkey

New in Town
Hello, all!

I once posted here a good bit, as "thebroker." However, I can't for the life of me remember my old password, and I no longer have access to the email I used to register, so I figured connecting via Facebook might be a good option.

Since I was last a regular here, I decided to make a major life transition. I sold my business, moved back to my hometown, and at age 31, started college for the first time. Now, I'm on the verge of graduation, and I am headed to graduate school. I have made the rather tough decision to sell a portion of my collection - specifically, three of Art's VS masterpieces - to add to the "Move Joshua to Grad School" fund.

There are two felt (a black cherry, and a silver mist ArtLite), and one milan. All three are now up on eBay. I'm not sure what the protocol is these days about posting links, but I figure that we are all enterprising folks, and me simply saying they are there will be enough to point you all in the right direction. I put them up with very low starting prices, no reserve, and three day auctions. I would love it if all three went to Loungers, because I know you folks will appreciate them as much as I have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff