Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

tommyK

One Too Many
GT, I believe you are right;
a7983efd-dc90-45c7-8cbb-936782aefd65_zps17dlppbb.jpg
Rensh is short for "renovated by Shudde" or something like that?

tommyK

One Too Many
It doesn't have the Open Road brim binding either. No stitch line like it was removed and it's 2 7/8 brim. I kind of thought it's just some other Western model that was similar

ccorsair

One of the Regulars

I had that one watch it was a very quick bidding it seem as I saw it at a lot price and boom it went.. in 2 bids.. I wasn't to buy it but did what to see where it would go..

el_ote

Familiar Face
just won my first auction hat. The Stetson The Stetsonian Dk Gray 3X Beaver Shield Pin.
It should be here next week... sooner i hope.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

tommyK

One Too Many
Thanks for sharing this, el_ote. Like the Open Road, the Stetsonian has had very different incarnations over the years. Great to see your fine example

tommyK

One Too Many
Item of interest;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fine-Vintag...495?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item280001798f

Forgive me if this one has come up before. $898 is a lot for any hat but, hey it looks really nice so they can ask whatever they want. However, upon reading the description I noticed this; "A couple of tiny bug bites". Perhaps I'm missing something? So they're asking $898 for a moth eaten hat? this is a big pass for me. Any takers?

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Item of interest;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fine-Vintag...495?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item280001798f

Forgive me if this one has come up before. $898 is a lot for any hat but, hey it looks really nice so they can ask whatever they want. However, upon reading the description I noticed this; "A couple of tiny bug bites". Perhaps I'm missing something? So they're asking $898 for a moth eaten hat? this is a big pass for me. Any takers?

I'd be a taker at around $200 for a slice like that

Last edited:

triple-d

A-List Customer
Item of interest;

LOL......Tommy I'm guessing.............Gonja.............the seller's gotta be smokin dope....lol

Strapped-4-Cache

One Too Many
Item of interest;

But they're just *tiny* bug bites. That shouldn't affect the price, should it?

Wait, I've got it. Since they give character to the hat they must ADD VALUE to the hat! That has to be the seller's reasoning.

tommyK

One Too Many
A gripe and a victory all in one

Like many I'm always scouring Ebay looking for poorly listed nuggets of glory and found this;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mens-Vintag...781?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ae9edc93d

No liner but hey if it goes cheap...well I don't have a Disney hat so I'll bid low and see what happens. I got it cheap! So here's the seller's one good pic
425efbb7-f1bd-402b-8388-969af938e647_zpswgsjoizi.jpg
So I'm thinking grey-ish, maybe charcoal or a taupe grey/brown mix. I got this;
0fed1523-000c-4ca1-aca9-b38e9e1dc90a_zpszonweaxi.jpg
Nothing like their pic, right? That's fine with me, I favor the browns anyway and holy smokes is this a nice hat! Victory! Velvety smooth Dobbs like finish, beautiful clay-like moldability. The one tiny mothbite is microscopic and virtually invisible. Shark gills. Big 3 inch brim. Absolutely thrilled with my non-grey hat!

Last edited:
Congrats, Tommy! I had an eye on that guy's three hats, as well. Sadly, if I remember, none were in my size. I have one Disney, and like it very much. Hope you get alot of wear out of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner