Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
attachment.php

I have this Disney it is real nice one. At least mine is a very well made hat.

tommyK

One Too Many
Miami, You were the guy!

I throw low bids at some of these just in case, I figure no one let's me have anything for $19.99 so I'll be a bit of a spoiler. A lot of times poor pics hide a hat in sorry shape. For once I got lucky.

Ed, It's a beauty. Quality is right up there with Dobbs/Knox/Cavanagh. I wouldn't be surprised if they made the felt for these Disney's.

Last edited:

javadave61

Practically Family
Just for fun, I ran the eBay shots through some color correction software just to see if the hat's natural color would appear. This is what I got. To get the right color, the camera has to find something of neutral color (i.e. one of the 50 shades of grey :cool:) in the image to calibrate the rest of the colors to. There were hardly any neutral objects in those images, which is why the color was way off. I've gotten in the habit of doing this on any hat I place a serious bid on. It's amazing how misrepresented so many hats are on eBay.

$_57 (4)-2.jpg $_57 (5)-2.jpg

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/191582620154?ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1435.l2649

I was on this one like flies on a sugar cube, until it went past the $199.00 mark. It would not have fit my Husband "as is" but I thought I would be able to spray it and then steam it and then hat jack that rascal a bit to a 7 1/2 LO. That color, Mist Grey, not something seen all the time on an Open Road, and that hat seems to be fairly spotless/clean near new.

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
A gripe and a victory all in one

Like many I'm always scouring Ebay looking for poorly listed nuggets of glory and found this;

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mens-Vintag...781?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ae9edc93d

No liner but hey if it goes cheap...well I don't have a Disney hat so I'll bid low and see what happens. I got it cheap! So here's the seller's one good pic
View attachment 29874
So I'm thinking grey-ish, maybe charcoal or a taupe grey/brown mix. I got this;
View attachment 29875
Nothing like their pic, right? That's fine with me, I favor the browns anyway and holy smokes is this a nice hat! Victory! Velvety smooth Dobbs like finish, beautiful clay-like moldability. The one tiny mothbite is microscopic and virtually invisible. Shark gills. Big 3 inch brim. Absolutely thrilled with my non-grey hat!

That is so sharp, you got gold!

tommyK

One Too Many
Thanks for the kind words Everyone!

Java, that's a good trick! That color is right on the money

Cindy, good to see you here. Hope Daniel is doing better

triple-d

A-List Customer
http://www.ebay.com/itm/191582620154?ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1435.l2649

I was on this one like flies on a sugar cube, until it went past the $199.00 mark. It would not have fit my Husband "as is" but I thought I would be able to spray it and then steam it and then hat jack that rascal a bit to a 7 1/2 LO. That color, Mist Grey, not something seen all the time on an Open Road, and that hat seems to be fairly spotless/clean near new.

I bought that Luv............not my size either, I'm 7 1/4. i have never had a Mist Grey in my grubby little hands. If it is as clean as it said, I won't mess with it, and probably offer it for sales at the same price to someone that wears a 7 3/8.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I bought that Luv............not my size either, I'm 7 1/4. i have never had a Mist Grey in my grubby little hands. If it is as clean as it said, I won't mess with it, and probably offer it for sales at the same price to someone that wears a 7 3/8.

hat looks way more modern than advertised in my opinion .... 80s or even later possibly

I'm known to be wrong though

tommyK

One Too Many
Thanks Roger, it comes from our fellow lounger gdurand (I think?). I just happen to have a Mallory box that now houses my two Mallory's.

juggles

New in Town

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner