Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

ccorsair

One of the Regulars
So it's really quiet on this thread right now .. hasn't anyone won any cool hats? Still working on our move to AZ So funds are limited but Do have a emergency fund just in case i see something pop up I can't live with out lol. Ok well i hope everyone is Ok and doing fine and just waiting to bragger on their latest hat deal.

Throw 'em an offer, Tommy. That's a great lid, in great shape. A more unique color for a Hommy; one that would suggest the wearer has more than one hat... like a Doc, maybe.

Item of interest;
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-194...846?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51cd0574d6

Been watching this one for months. Really, really nice hat but, I think overpriced. I don't think I've ever seen a Homburg fetch anywhere near this price. Perhaps the good doctor this belonged to is more famous than I'm aware of? Curious to see if and what it might sell for.

I agree, very nice hat, looks pristine, and interesting history, but overpriced to me.

viclip

Practically Family
Item of interest;
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-194...846?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item51cd0574d6

Been watching this one for months. Really, really nice hat but, I think overpriced. I don't think I've ever seen a Homburg fetch anywhere near this price. Perhaps the good doctor this belonged to is more famous than I'm aware of? Curious to see if and what it might sell for.

I normally take modern size 7-5/8 but recently discovered that 7-1/2 Long Oval will likely nicely fit my noggin.
But 4 bills?
Perhaps if it was NOS or mint, but still pricey if you ask me.

tommyK

One Too Many
I did offer what I thought it was worth, was immediately shot down. I already have 3 Hommies I don't wear so a forth at this price is a no go(two of my three I got for well under $100). If they ever have a half price sale I might buy it.

Last edited:

viclip

Practically Family
I did offer what I thought it was worth, was immediately shot down. I already have 3 Hommies I don't wear so a forth at this price is a no go(two of my three I got for well under $100). If they ever have a half price sale I might buy it.

I've been living under a self-imposed hat moratorium for some months now, once I realized how many I'd amassed including homburgs. So if the price isn't right it's a no go unless for some reason the hat in question is quite special to me (I still have a weak spot in my heart for Canadian production Biltmore Rosellinis, of which I have a ridiculous number already, but one cannot have too many of them, in my book).

tommyK

One Too Many
Mallory Twenty
_DSC1280_zpsiqnka5cq.jpg

_DSC1281_zps8u8ow7zq.jpg _DSC1283_zpsmb15kizg.jpg

_DSC1284_zpsnp67iodl.jpg _DSC1285_zpsf1f7fxz7.jpg

This one was nicer than I expected. I love Twenty's and felted edges most of all

tommyK

One Too Many
Stetson 7X Clear Beaver

_DSC1286_zpshlhirejr.jpg

_DSC1287_zpssabeh2as.jpg _DSC1288_zpsynqkxzus.jpg

_DSC1290_zpsku3t3nq1.jpg _DSC1291_zpstymqembb.jpg
interesting gold thread running through the back bow

_DSC1292_zpsk6vzay31.jpg _DSC1293_zpsaxpb5hc5.jpg
unique leather on sweatband, almost patent leather-like

DOUBLE ConGRATS for two amazing HATS, Tommy!! This is a BIG day around your house. Spectacular lids, super condition!

And again to "da Moon..." Super Strat, Anthony. Just CLASSIC!! Enjoy.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ