Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Richard Morgan

One Too Many
Nice Stetson 7 1/4 3X OR with OPS tag and last drop liner (looked like it might have been embroidered got away today. I hope someone here got it. I was next to last bid, but that's about the same as not bidding at all. I'll just tell myself whoever bought it was willing to go another $100 higher. So POed I deleted it before copying the link.

I lost one with a bungled bid attempt. The hat sold for $51. Ugh!
BOY......have I been there!!!!! And then I grumble for the next two days........(the good hats in my size are hard to come by enough, without my screwing up a bidding attempt) .....I lost one real good one one time fooling around here on the forum and failing to even get a bid in:oops::confused::mad::(.
M

25B

Suspended
Nice Stetson 7 1/4 3X OR with OPS tag and last drop liner (looked like it might have been embroidered got away today. I hope someone here got it. I was next to last bid, but that's about the same as not bidding at all. I'll just tell myself whoever bought it was willing to go another $100 higher. So POed I deleted it before copying the link.

I saw the one you’re talking about...I was planning to bid on it (for at least $200 more than what it sold for) and then I saw who was selling it. No, thank you.

Anyway, I won a better 7 1/4 Stetson OR 3x beaver recently for $50 less than that one went for, so that helped remove my motivation to bid on this one too. :)

Last edited:

Bill Hughes

My Mail is Forwarded Here

Yes I had the 1st bid on that one. Was going to grab it at the end but had a chance to pick up a Peter Bros Shady Oaks (from the 60 I think) from a local source. Took that one instead.

Here’s the link:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-19...rn-OPS/272887392914?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Last edited:

A bargain, sold by a very knowledgable lounge member.

Richard Morgan

One Too Many
... as was this one.

Much of the library of knowledge that is stored on the Fedora Lounge was seeded by threads started by Dinerman. He has owned and sold more hats than anyone I know.

Thanks Alan, I didn't know that was Dinerman. Knowing would have made it much easier to go higher.
Still learning but guys like you and him make it a lot easier.

Doc Glockster

One of the Regulars
I just got an Akubra slouch hat in near new condition for $45.00 from a guy on eBay. The printing on the sweat band is still in mint condition as is the rest of the hat. The former owner had customized it with a Coober Pedy bash (which I really like), and it looks like he glued a military puggaree to it (I can see a little glue in one spot). Other than that, the Akubra label inside the crown has one tiny sweat spot, but the hat is in otherwise like-new condition. My safari hat!

Last edited:

splintercellsz

I'll Lock Up
I'm not a big homburg fan, but couldn't pass this one up
320c15415610a1e53736f5c4dc77873d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112