Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

jimmy the lid

I'll Lock Up
Lefty said:
So, who made 100s? Here are the ones I've either seen or read about here:

Stetson
Resistol
Cavanagh
Knox
Dobbs

Any others?

Of the hats listed, it seems that Stetson 100's are perhaps the most visible in terms of lids that have survived. It's not clear to me from the Lounge material whether Resistol truly had a "100" in the classic sense -- since the one referenced apparently had a vintage price tag for $50.00. Other examples seem extremely rare, based on Lounge references -- just a couple examples of Knox 100's and perhaps a couple of Cavanagh 100's. Until the recent eBay auction, I had never seen or even heard of a Dobbs 100, which I was lucky enough to win last evening:

dobb8_1241298575.jpg

dobb5_1241298568.jpg

I would really be interested to learn, for each manufacturer, how many of these "100's" were produced, and the time periods in which they were produced. Given that $100 was a rather substantial sum back in the 50's, I imagine that they were extremely rare even back in the day.

Cheers,
JtL

Mario

I'll Lock Up
And the winner is...

Congrats, Jimmy - that's a real beauty. :eusa_clap
jonbuilder posted a link to the same auction before. The winner just had to be a lounger.

Now go, and wear it in great style! :D

BTW: I also love the box that comes with the lid.

Michaelshane

One Too Many
HarpPlayerGene said:
Hmmmm....

Even if the optimo crown is modern Shantung, it's a good looker. Be sure to show us how it looks when you get it. Good buy, buddy!
I think the Knox box is worth more than seventeen bucks....Seller said it was a genuine Kenteristi...?

warmentrout

One of the Regulars
feltfan said:
Interesting. First time I've seen a self-felt "ribbon"
with a Western bow.

I'll let you know how it is when it arrives. The felt ribbon is likely to be replaced by a wider grosgrain. I'm hoping the color is a nice shade of green.

Dinerman

Super Moderator
Bartender
warmentrout said:
I'll let you know how it is when it arrives. The felt ribbon is likely to be replaced by a wider grosgrain. I'm hoping the color is a nice shade of green.

That'd really be a shame.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24