Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ebay Hats: Victories, Defeats, Gripes & Items of Interest

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
I watched that C&K, but was too broke to bid on it. It certainly looks like a nice one, but I couldn't tell if it had a Cavanagh Edge or an overwelt. I almost think it's an overwelt. There will always be more come down the pike.

Brad

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Brad Bowers said:
I watched that C&K, but was too broke to bid on it. It certainly looks like a nice one, but I couldn't tell if it had a Cavanagh Edge or an overwelt. I almost think it's an overwelt. There will always be more come down the pike.

Brad

It looked like an overwelt to me also, but I still had a large snipe in ... that didn't quite get there.

Michaelshane

One Too Many
Anybody get this? $555.88.

5960_1.JPG

Michaelshane

One Too Many
The seller has another one,they might be fake, reproductions.
When a seller has two listings with the same description,story,it makes me skittish.If its real....it's worth way more than that.

HarpPlayerGene said:
Whew. Not me. Is that for real or a movie prop?

Inusuit

A-List Customer
I watched that 7X Stetson.

Lefty said:

Seems like $51 was a steal, although it wasn't my size and I wondered about the stains. I've used water, as per gtd's recommendations, to reshape hats and never created stains like that. Of course, I always brushed the hat first and used distilled water. Still, about $65 bucks for a clear beaver...

Ande1964

Practically Family
I've been looking for a cheap, decent, tiny hat to strip and rebuild into a much larger size. I think this one has the brim needed to make it possible.

Anj

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Ande1964 said:
I've been looking for a cheap, decent, tiny hat to strip and rebuild into a much larger size. I think this one has the brim needed to make it possible.

Anj

I'm midway through a similar project, but stuck at the sweatband (felt is ready to go, and I have the ribbon). I have only found one source for leather sweatbands, and getting no response from forum members, so assume that's it. Any luck building your own? I have some nice leather for it, just unable to find enough instruction to feel confident to start. Sorry, I know this post is :eek:fftopic: ...but I'm about desperate, and searches are yielding nothing.

But if not, good luck with your project - I'm sure the felt will be nice on that twenty.

Ande1964

Practically Family
Sweats

Hat Supply is the only source I know of, really. I got some better ones once, from a source we're not allowed to discuss here, but that was a friendly deal... nothing you could duplicate, as far as I know.

It is frustrating. The good news is that, while the ones from Hat Supply aren't the best, several folks here have had good results with them.

I have wondered about making my own, as well. Not there on the sewing yet.

Best of luck!

Anj

ScottF

Call Me a Cab
Ande1964 said:
Hat Supply is the only source I know of, really. I got some better ones once, from a source we're not allowed to discuss here, but that was a friendly deal... nothing you could duplicate, as far as I know.

It is frustrating. The good news is that, while the ones from Hat Supply aren't the best, several folks here have had good results with them.

I have wondered about making my own, as well. Not there on the sewing yet.

Best of luck!

Anj

Thanks, I'll go ahead and order a few.

billyspew

One Too Many
GallatinHatMan said:

Looks like a good one.
There's no entry like it in here:
http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=34401
But to me looks like it'd be 60's (short brim with taper), but can't be too far in as it still has the brown as opposed to black sweatband.

Is it an overwelt? Edit: Just noticed it's a thin edge binding.

I'm sure that those more informed than myself will be able to help though.

TTFN

Bill

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPR